Isaac
Years ago

Dwayne McClain may invest in Kings

Dwayne "The D-Train' McClain told The Daily Telegraph from his home in Philadelphia that he is considering buying up to a 25 per cent stake reportedly worth $500,000 in one of the two rival consortia bidding for the Kings licence.
He's considering joining the Cousens/Kordahi consortium.

The other group has been revealed as being headed by "Paul Lindholm - an American-born investment banker who has spent the past 30 years in Sydney."

Here's the story: Dwayne 'D-Train' keen to save Sydney Kings

In related news, Jason Smith has said he'd be back if either of the bids were successful.
Smith, who has received an offer from the South Dragons, said he would rather play for the Kings next season. "My heart is tied to that club," he said. "My only reason for leaving was the last regime, and that was a good decision, it was because Tim Johnston was a fool."
No mention of his supposedly failing a physical that prevented his Dragons' contract getting finalised?

Anyway, here's the article: Smith declares his allegiance as buyers try to revive Kings

Topic #16338 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

Smith declares his allegiance as buyers try to revive HIS CAREER (Kings).

Reply #192446 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Dwayne McClain is going to have to come back and play for them if they dont hurry up and decide to play this year and sign some players.

Reply #192483 | Report this post

random  
Years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Jason Smith signed with South Dragons for 2 years with the option of a 3rd?

Reply #192490 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

See my bit at the start of the topic:

No mention of (Smith's) supposedly failing a physical that prevented his Dragons' contract getting finalised?

Reply #192512 | Report this post

random  
Years ago

Do you have a link to an article that mentions his contract was stalled or prevented from being finalised?

Reply #192515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been mentioned as an aside in a few King related articles over the past month or so. He never made the move to Melbourne or anything. 'Signed' on, made the big announcement, failed the medical, no contract. Regardless of whether or not the Dragons were willing to take a risk, they may not have been able to insure his contract if the injury was deemed serious enough, and that could have buried it in itself.

He's been in Sydney since working for Macquarie Bank. No matter what, he's out till at least Christmas and there's some suggestion on the Ozhoops boards (don't know if it's based on anything or just random speculation) that he might not even play for the Kings, might be in a front office role or something.

Reply #192517 | Report this post

Jamal  
Years ago

please make it clear- jason smith is not contracted to south dragons?

Reply #192519 | Report this post

Jamal  
Years ago

his pic is still up on the site!http://www.southdragons.com/default.aspx?s=players

Reply #192520 | Report this post

random  
Years ago

After contacting the South Dragons they have told me that Jason Smith will not be playing with them in Season 08/09.

This is very unfortunate because he is a great asset to any team!

Reply #193657 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Years ago

Dragons tried to sign Smith even with his shoulder post-surgery not due to recover till 5 months...but the offer was significantly lower than the one that was originally on the table..I'm guessing there's another offer from somewhere else..or he wouldn't have turned them down, a jobs a job.....Pigs maybe..or O/S,dunno

Reply #193736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754