Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers Uniform - Quit Changing It

I think the Sixers need a new uniform THIS season because last seasons was terrible but after this they need to just leave it alone for at least 2 or 3 to build up a bit of tradition. If your uniform changes drastically every year then it starts to mean nothing if you know what I mean. Get a new, nice uniform this year and then just LEAVE IT.

Topic #16358 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

are you anti nike, ? theres a lot of Just leave it in there

Reply #192708 | Report this post

Agreed 100%. They need to leave it for the sake of creating some tradition. Its insane to change it every year, I see no purpose in it whatsoever.

It looked around 2005. They should have stuck with that.

Reply #192709 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If they didn't change it every year, then they wouldn't have a Single Presentation event every year. Perhaps the tradition is in the event rather than the uniform.

Reply #192754 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

sorry, should read Singlet Presentation.

Reply #192755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But they cant present all the NEW players with their uniform. Surely theres not an entire night devoted purely to presenting the new singlets?

Reply #192760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

meant to say: But cant they present all the NEW players with their uniform. Surely theres not an entire night devoted purely to presenting the new singlets?

Reply #192762 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

#192762: They'll most likely just hand them out during a training session; with maybe 1 or 2 photos just to make it look official.

I don't think our league is at the point of press-conference showings and photo-press ops.

The Sixers uniform can't really have a "theme" to it; I mean, Melbourne has tigers, Cairns have Taipans... what the hell could you make in regards to a new uniform for the sixers... 70's cartoon drawings of Mark Davis and Al Green?

Reply #192782 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Could they do it in Rundle Mall ? That would get on the TV news.
Or in the city, after the Lightning parade?

Reply #192795 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

From memory, last season it was done at the Museum.

Reply #192800 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

What was wrong with last years? It was refreshingly free of sponsor logos, sans the Jarvis logo on the back. I quite liked it.

Reply #192802 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

skip, from memory most of our recruiting was done at the museum as well. Probably a cost saving exercise..

Reply #192806 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Very funny DB5, nice. They main reason would be sponsorship changes. You can't have the same uniform if there is an old sponsor on it and the new one not represented. I guess if you look at global markets, ie soccer, they have three new uniforms every season mainly so they can make money from it I think. Everyone wants the new uniform each year to go to the game in, so they buy one every year, we don't really have that kind of support over here.
The NBA is slightly different due to the fact they don't have sponsors logo's, but they still tend to try and chance it slightly or bring out new colours to increase sales.

Reply #192810 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

May as well leave it alone for a while.. it's not like sales of bball tops for the NBL is a huge money spinner. The english premier league for example change thier design slightly every year, because they know it will result in millions of pounds of extra revenue for sales of the new seasons gear to fans....

Last nbl top I saw at a sixers game was an oversized Jason Williams singlet!

ShaneD

Reply #192851 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

They should just keep last years jerseys ... they were the best ones for a number of years, imo ... Plus they matched well with the court, which I'm sure you'll all agree looked better than it had for as long as I can ever remember.

If there's a new sponser surely you just swap it with the place where the old sponsor was, not create a whole new uniform?

Reply #192875 | Report this post

Giraffe 33  
Years ago

Bring back the old tight mesh numbers with the big west end logo on the front.

Reply #192878 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Well, its a new company producing the uniform, so some chnage would be expected with that.

Reply #192880 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Gold DB5

Im still wearing my brett maher top away singlet from 2004/5

going to games is the only time i wear it and i aint forking out for another one every year...maybe when bretts gone i will have to..but the way the league is headed, is possible i wont have one to buy
:(

Reply #192884 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Footy teams have an open day with an internal trial game and uniform presentation? Other sports do something pre-game or half time at a Crows game?
If there's an original thought out there, I could use it right now.

Reply #192917 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754