the observer
Years ago

lighting at Morphett Vale

having a government type job - we are well on top of basic lighting requirements in teh workplace.

there is no way known that morphett vale has legally acceptable lighting

how would the go if someone had an injury and challenged poor lighting ?

Topic #1639 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

stop writing this crap

Reply #18704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well i ref both social and district at morphett vale and i find that many district players are saying that the lighting is very poor and they can sometimes hardly see the ball. i was reffing a game last night and i had a couple of well known people from southern tigers ask me if i could "turn on the lights" for them.

Reply #18708 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

its very very poor, another reason i dont like to go there ever ever ever!!!!

Reply #18710 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

ah....it just adds to the home ground advantage for the tigers...they actually practice with the lights off down there, to save money for the poor club.

Reply #18714 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

Whatever basman tigers may not be the richest club because thay dont charge an arm and a leg to play there. The lighting is fine if u cant see the ball wear goggles. Maybe take a look at marion stadium u definatley need night vision goggles when playing there.

Reply #18734 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Oberserver, You need to get a life. If you go into places and check out the lighting then surely you are a bit obsessed about your work. Are You sure you were on one of the courts that the lights were actually on. You sound like a nerd. I bet you carry around one of those light devices that they use for the cricket in your pocket. I guess in future players and coaches when a fumble or a missed shot occures will scream out that the bloody lights are the problem. Or if someone does an ankle or runs into a screen can blame the fact that its too dark and they couldn't see. What a pathetic thread.

Reply #18736 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

nice in the know nice!

Reply #18740 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Although, not just saying this about MV, because I would assume it occurs at most stadiums, if a light is off when you're playing that is usually on, it can effect your depth perception, particularly on mid rangers.

Reply #18745 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

What are you guys on about? The digital message board the Tigers stole from a bus stop that sits above the umpires room near the canteen is providing a healthy red glow on court 2.

Reply #18759 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

oh..some funny posts....thedoctor good work.....and in the know...very funny!!

Reply #18760 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

i would just like to point out that the 'basman' you have seen posting on this thread is an imposter, and has for some reason been posting on other threads in my name as well. whoever it is, probably the same guy posting as PANTHER, can you please change ur alias to something original.

Reply #18764 | Report this post

dizzy  
Years ago

It is a decent topic but focusing just on morphett vale is a bit tough, as marion and hillcrest also have bad lighting.

Although morphett vale also has the problem of the leaking roof, the old crappy floor, and the annoying stadium manager!

Reply #18776 | Report this post

charcoal  
Years ago

be quiet basman....go and get the job done somewhere else...

Reply #18779 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Thedoctor. If you are going to be a smartass get the courts right. The 'stolen sign' sits above court3.The annoying stadium manager? who thats? didnt think mv had a stadium manager.

Reply #18807 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

In the know, whatever court, that sh*t is still funny. I like the sign, during time outs I can check when my bus is due.

Reply #18810 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

of course mv has a stadium manager you putz. and to top it off, dizzy who bitched about it having an annoying manager making it worse than marion, its the same one, so congratulations on your stupidity mate, youve done well. had a pretty good run till someone knew something and now maybe you should just go wait in the car till we're done here...

Reply #18831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

far out you guys get over it.. mvale doesnt have poor lighting.. i have played there many times and im fine with the lighting... you all need to get lives!!!

Reply #18836 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Richard,

I know who the manager is but it seems that she spends more time at Marion than MV. I can't see how a manager can be annoying when she is hardly there. Dick, if you read dizzy's post I beleive it said no where that marion was worst than Morphett Vale. Next time read the posts properly, before slagging off people.

Reply #18868 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

good job in the know, you have disgraced yourself yet again. how about you take your own advice? Dizzy says 'dont focus on morphett vale when marion and hillcrest are just as bad. although MV had leaky rook, bad floor and annoying stadium manager.' so maybe if you had taken the time to take your own advice, you wouldnt have embarassed yourself...

Reply #18879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is the stadium manager?

Reply #18882 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Richard, I think you should re-read the post. When you quote people make sure you quote what they say, not what you need to make an argument.The stadium manager is Noelene Lowe.

Reply #18905 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

ummm. yeah. i did re-read the post, as im guessing you did, which goes to show your lack of interpretation skills

Reply #18915 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

or perhaps yours, either way I'm sure we will agree to disagree.

Reply #18923 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

that we will, the forum goes on

Reply #18959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"...and to top it off, dizzy who bitched about it having an annoying manager making it worse than marion, its the same one, so congratulations on your stupidity mate, youve done well..."

richard, u fool, In the Know got u there... u did say it heheh. as u said, the forum continues

Reply #20664 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Thanks, Anonymous. I thought I was right.

Reply #20668 | Report this post

Peter Piper  
Years ago

Morphettvale is a hole.

Reply #20712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hilcrest, Marion and MV all have nice old hardwood floors. And although they are much nicer than the cheap crap pine(pasadena)they use doday. They absorb the light rather than reflect it. Having done lighting as a subject I know the colour on the walls and floor of a room have more to do with the ammount of light available than the actual strength of the luminaire(s).

In English
Paint the walls white paint everything white, it would take one working bee and a few tins of paint.

South, North white is one of your colours.

Also the HID lamps used lose most of their power after the first 12 months. Even small things like keeping the globes and reflectors free of dust will increase the ammount of light available dramatically.

If u can't see the ball though u should be getting your eyes checked.

ps richard u r a bonehead.

Reply #20714 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

If you look at BASA's budget for the 2004/05 year on stadiums, you will understand why the conditions of playing facilities are decreasing.

Reply #21460 | Report this post

professor shot  
Years ago

the lighting is pretty bad but hey u get used to it so stop complainin bout it im blind and need glasses and i can still see the ball so get a life mate.

Reply #21577 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

What's the latest on Woodcroft College's stadium? Doesn't seem to be too much progress at the end of Farnsworth Ave when I last checked.

Reply #21613 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Not approved by Council. Will not go ahead at Woodcroft. If it did and the chances of that are almost gone, it would not be used for Basketball

Reply #21619 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Wow! That's huge news. Any reason why or any other information on this?

Reply #21622 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

At this stage it is not viable for a wide variety of reasons.. A number of issues could not be sorted to finalise the deal and from what I have read and discussed they are very valid reasons.

Reply #21628 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

They will be building 2 3/4 courts used specifically for Woodcroft College. Southern are in the process of completing a deal with the council for a joint deal between BASA and Southern for the next 21 years at MVale. Basically BASA and Tigers will run Morphett Vale. The main reason when Woodcroft fell through was funding.I thought this was old news.

Reply #21657 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

The problem at Woodcroft was not funding, but carparking space and the local residents. To provide the carpark space would require either the oval being used or use of the carpark at Woodcroft shopping centre.

Reply #21684 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I think you need to dig further rite. Woodcroft took the council to court and won. The residents was orginally an issue but funding from the council and BASA was what eventually ended the project. They are still trying to raise the money for their other 2 gyms now.

Reply #21688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think hoo ever posted this convosation was a waste of time, the lighting isnt bad and the ball is easierly seen wen playin and 4 a matter of fact THEY DONT TRAIN WITH THEIR LIGHT OFF! they aint that poor. they were supposed to get a new staduim but sumthing happened

Reply #21979 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

The tiger cage will always be at morphett vale woodcroft just wouldn't feel like home. so im glad the plans fell through.

Reply #22288 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

I wouldnt be worried about the stadium manager, id be mroe worried about the canteen manager. It is usually shut by 8:40 at night

Reply #26851 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Do you play at other stadiums? Marion's canteen isn't even open for social!

Reply #26861 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

At morphett vale on a week night there is district and social and usually at least three courts operating. Although Marion should be open to serve the public. Too bad if someone gets hungry or thirsty or injures themselves!!

Reply #27296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At marion if you're hungry you can have a choc bar from the machine till you get home. If you're thirsty there's powerade and coke machines. If there's an injury ice is available just ask the doorkeeper to get a ref to get it. Not that hard. The canteen only opens for district.

Reply #27302 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

I might not like chocolate and it is high in sugar which is not the best thing to be feeding people, especially if they might be there all night eg umpiring. Also the vending machines might be broken, so I would then be thirsty. I am eternally grateful that the door keeper can keep all the spectators from sneaking in for free, pay the refs, give players tickets and get ice.

Reply #27525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are you badger? Obviously you're at the stadium one night a week. If you dont like chocolate try buying skittles then :) And no the doorkeeper doesnt get ice they just give the key to the ref to get ice. Also maybe taking a water bottle from home might be best for you and maybe some energy supplement bars.

If you would like the canteen open how about offering to help out in the canteen? They're always interested in volunteers ;) One lady runs the whole thing and is usually in the canteen from 3.30pm - 6pm Weekdays and on Thursdays she's open till 8pm. I'm sure she'd like to spend time with her family.

Just tell me what night you're there and I'll work it out from there who you are ;)

Reply #27743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FYI

The ice at Morphett Vale is in a separate freezer next to the vending machines that you cant find. In between courts 3 and 4.

It's now fairly obvious that you are a ref, Badger, becuase you are blind!

Reply #27805 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

Yes, yes, blind as a badger thats me, but that doesnt make me a bad person. It does however make me unable to work in the canteen!! One water bottle will not last me the whole night and skittles are just as bad as chocolate for my body. I never actually said I frequented marion stadium, I only said that it should be open longer.. Maybe the lady who runs it can I dont know, employ someone else. Help with the high level of unemployment amongst our youth. Oh yeah, thanks for letting me know about the ice too.

Reply #27976 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:32 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754