Kent Brockman
Years ago

Pistol Pete Maravich

Wait til Bill gives you the stats that Pete would have got had there been a 3pt line in his time at college.Simply amazing to comprehend how good Pete was.

Topic #16390 | Report this topic

bolks  
Years ago

My movie says that it is no longer available. Is this just me or is it everyone else as well.

Reply #193062 | Report this post

MAZE  
Years ago

Worked for me.

His stats from college are simple amazing.

Is he the most dominant player in college history?

Reply #193064 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Don't worry. Its working now.

That is amazing. If there was a 3 pt line in his colledge days, he would of averaged 57!!!!!!!!!!!! pts per game.

Even without the 3pt line he still managed 44!!!!!!!! pts per game.

That is some serious scoring. I'd hate to be the defence.

Heres a question, did his colledge team ever win a championship with him?

Reply #193067 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

let alone the 13 makes per game. To put that in perspective the NBL record for maked 3PT in a game is 13 by Ian Davies.

Just think of all the great shooters the NBL has seen and none have had a better game than what Pistol averaged. Plus we have a game that goes for 8 minutes longer!

Just awesome stuff

Reply #193075 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Bolks, his college team never even went to the NCAA Tourney, IIRR.

Reply #193078 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Why is that? Didn't they have the tournament back then or was the rest of the team just crap?

Reply #193108 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Yeah but would he have been able to put as many three's up if there was a 3-point line? The defense would have been tighter had his long shots been worth an extra point.

Then again, if he was hitting 13 of them a game, surely they would have been guarding him tight already!!

Reply #193110 | Report this post

Hoops 61  
Years ago

nah - you're right jimmy - a guy averaging 40+ pts probably got the bunny defender week in week out. Good call.

Reply #193111 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Hoops61, that's not what jimmy's saying at all. Imagine if there was a 4 point line 2 metres beyond the 3 point line, do you think defenders would give people wide open looks from that distance like they would if that same shot was only worth 3?

Reply #193117 | Report this post

Years ago

Does anyone know the name of the Movie that was made about him? Such an inspirational story!

Reply #193131 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I think it was just called "The Pistol", although looking now it was actually called "Pistol: The birth of a legend"

Reply #193133 | Report this post

Years ago

Cheers billo

Reply #193297 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a copy of The Pistol: The Birth of a Legend ????

I have been looking for it for ages but can never find it in Region 4 (DVD) or Pal (VHS)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to share it with my young son.

[email protected]

Thanks in advance

Reply #216704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754