Well Well Well
Years ago

Tiger men to make finals?

Grab for 5th spot in the mens comp looks interesting:

Would I be correct that if (and it is a big IF) the Tiger men have an upset over North at home and probably an upset over mavs (hah ha) away and then Sturt lose their last two games that are away to South and North that the Tigers will jump Sturt for the 5th spot with a plus 3 point spread over the head to head?

Interesting way to finish the season, Tigers should be kicking themselves over a couple of silly losses...

Could be an interesting game Sat night at the cage

Topic #16401 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

considering they lost to Eastern last time round, I would consider a win over the Mavs an upset!

Reply #193184 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

What happened to the talk of a Tigers Championship??????

Reply #193188 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It's starting again Sturty!!! Lol...

Reply #193193 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

I think that was a different thread... "The Bays!"

Reply #193194 | Report this post

Well Well Well  
Years ago

that's what I meant with the upset over Mavs - the hah ha was directed to the Tiger boys...

Panther maybe with South boys finally getting into the Finals we could see the rumble in the jungle back on CAT FIGHT FINALS style - one could only hope!

Reply #193205 | Report this post

blah blah  
Years ago

Grab for 5th we will see.
Sturt have lost Dodman and Ng, Vaughan wasnt playing and Gower went out at half time with injury.
Still the Tigers just got the win!!

Reply #193208 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Why don't you just beat North first and then continue this discussion after that.

Reply #193211 | Report this post

Well Well Well  
Years ago

well put Juror 12 - lets hope the Tiger boys can read

Reply #193222 | Report this post

Awesome, nothing like a good old fashioned Tiger Men bashing thread to make the week go quickly.

Obviously a forum favourite for under achieving, over hyping and running with a coach that has no idea, how does one actually rate their season this year?

They have beaten all the teams in the Top 5 (bar North so far...) yet lost to every team below (bar a depleted Woodville once)

Considering they lost Gerlach (vc), Clarke (c), Bowley, Ben & Tim Hodges and have run with out Bungface for the majority does this mean a pass or fail for the season?

Does Jury get another shot or make way for someone else to lead the young group further up the ladder?

Personally i think its a fail this season based on their start to the season and inability to capitalise by beating teams in the botton half, having said that some progess has been made with wins against the top half hence the coach should get one more season, if players leave like last year he goes, cant keep rebuilding 4 years straight.

Thoughts?

Reply #193232 | Report this post

hmm  
Years ago

i think at the start of the season they would have taken 6th spot but since would be kicking themselves that they havn't made the finals....no way will they beat North!

So in one way the could say they have passed this year...but certainly an opportunity missed.....still done enough for Jury to get another year....unfortunately!

Reply #193252 | Report this post

just a thought  
Years ago

Jury didn't deserve another year this year yet got one! Anyone who allows talent and leadership like Gerlach, Clarke, and the Hodges boys walk out the door does not deserve another year. This years rollercoaster performance only serves to show this- the boys won the games they did off their own bat- don't allow Jury to take credit for any of it!!

Reply #193259 | Report this post

-  
Years ago

they will prob finish one game out of the finals. I think for an extreemely young group its a 'pass', next year could be interesting if they maintain all of that young talent. Especially Bung.

Reply #193261 | Report this post

Seriously?  
Years ago

"Anyone who allows talent and leadership like Gerlach, Clarke, and the Hodges boys walk out the door does not deserve another year"
just a thought

Are you kidding J.A.T?
Do you think he actually wanted those guys to go?

I think the armchair critics on here need to pull their head in, Heath is trying to coach one of the youngest groups in the league, its natural they will be inconsistent.

To blame him for losses then deny him the wins is a tad pathetic and naive. Its only his second year as head coach, yet faced with a massive talent walk out, retirements and their key recruit injured they have still improved on last year.

Maybe losing some of those guys was the best thing for the team, its not like they have been proven winners is it?

Reply #193264 | Report this post

_  
Years ago

Seriously, i think you will find that North were the youngest team in the league last year and managed to win, so youth shouldnt be an excuse.

Reply #193265 | Report this post

if only  
Years ago

It is a shame the boys from Tiger land didn't stick it out one more year. Reakon they would have given it a real crack this year given the current make up of some of the other teams. IMO would have easily be top 4.

Reply #193302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if only my auntie had a pair of bollocks, she'd be my uncle!

Reply #193312 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

if only Dodman didn't leave and Marcus didn't get injured

if only Truslove, Molitor, Mann and Phillips didn't get injured

if only Centrals didn't lose all of those close games

if only Jacob and Brad Hill were available

if only Woodville didn't have all of those injuries

Reply #193329 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

if only North, Forestville and Norwood weren't so good

Reply #193391 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:11 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754