DJ
Years ago

Dunk Competition - Who Will Win?

Just out of interest who do you all think will take out the $1000 cash!

This from www.nbl.com.au
Townsville Bulletin NBL All-Star Dunk Competition competitors' profiles:

Brian Wethers  Pirates
Height: 195cm
Born: California, USA
Profile: Brian is the league's leading scorer and an MVP favourite. He has a great outside shot, but also has an explosive pace to take the ball to the rack and loves to get on the fast break and dunk the ball.

Deba George  Taipans
Height: 180cm
Born: Thursday Island, Queensland
Profile: Deba is a member of the Cairns development squad who has come through the Taipans junior academy. Standing at just five foot eleven inches, his ability to get up and dunk the ball is truly amazing. And although he is giving away a whopping 15cm to the next smallest player in the Dunk Comp, but will definitely be a crowd pleaser.

Robert Brown  Crocodiles
Height: 195cm
Born: Michigan, USA
Profile: RB, as he is known in Townsville, is the ultimate showman, and he loves nothing more than dunking over someone and then letting the crowd know about it with his trademark post-dunk screams. He has assured the local fans he wants to win the Dunk Comp and has a few tricks up his sleeve. He certainly will put on a show.

Oscar Forman  36ers
Height: 205cm
Born: Adelaide, South Australia
Profile: Oscar has come through the Adelaide program and his craft is improving each season. He is the tallest player in the Dunk Comp and will be keen to take the $1000 prize money home with him to Adelaide.

David Barlow  Kings
Height: 198cm
Born: Melbourne, Victoria
Profile: The Victorian-born Barlow has incredible athleticism and enjoys dunking the ball. David is still playing a back-up role at the Kings but will be keen to show his athletic ability in the Dunk Comp.

Liam Rush  Wildcats
Height: 198cm
Born: Broome, Western Australia
Profile: Liam is really coming of age as player with the Wildcats this season, but his trademark already is his ability to play above the rim. Like Barlow, he has pure athleticism and has knocked down some big dunks already in the Philips Championship this season.

Topic #1641 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Dunk contest is on at 6:15pm with the top two going into to the final which will be held at half time of the game.

My tip is Deba George to take it out Spud Webb style!

From what I've heard Deba has some crazy dunks for a guy his size.

Saw David Barlow throwing down a few nice ones in warmup vs Tigers a while ago.

Rush and Wethers have only seen them throw down one hand jams on fast breaks, exciting in a game, but no way will it win a dunk contest.

Brown dunks alot, but does he have hangtime/variations or will we just see board slap after board slap with a few arggg in between?!

Oscar ??? what's he got in store Isaac?

Reply #18706 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Go the little man with the crazy hops.......... George will take the cash and crown

Reply #18707 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the final might be Rob Brown vs Deba George, but I suspect that Liam Rush has unshown ability.

Oscar is more of a shooter than a flashy dunker, but we will see how he goes.

Reply #18713 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

My guess is Brown.How is the scoring going to work for this one? If the crowd have anything to do with it the little fella will probably win it!

Reply #18758 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

one of the black guy's will win it.

Reply #18765 | Report this post

rimrecka  
Years ago

i was cairns recently and saw deba get up in the warmups, he can really spring for a small bloke. smaller guys dunks look better cuz theyre higher off the ground but he lacks power

Reply #18774 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Brown- judging by THAT dunk that NBL.com showed it was very nice 180 reverse

Reply #18982 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

who will be the judges?

Reply #18987 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

deba george

Reply #19011 | Report this post

Johnno  
Years ago

liam RUsh is going to unleash his windmill and 360 dunks that i have seen him do in warmups

hell be a good chance

Reply #19174 | Report this post

lolita  
Years ago

deba george for sure!!!

Reply #118579 | Report this post

micayla  
Years ago

i got my money on deba all my girls from cairns talk him up so he better come through.

Reply #118580 | Report this post

not to say  
Years ago

deba is so sxc i love him so much .
deba will win

Reply #124610 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754