Tyler
Years ago

Brand to Phili

ESPN has reported Elton Brand is headed to Phili on a 5 year $82m deal.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479059

Topic #16412 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Few other moves too floating around

Reply #193339 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah I have read he has agreed verbally to it. It would still be a shock to me if this were true. He said to the clippers he will resign if they get him a PG, which they did. Massive slap in the face.

Reply #193355 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Baron Davis will have to take every shot down at Clip land........they got nothing!!

Reply #193359 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Very surprising, but it sounds like it is true. I always thought of Brand as an honourable sort of guy and was led to believe he was friends with Baron Davis. Maybe not so much!

Its possible that Baron could still back out of his deal if he knows Brand won't sign with the Clippers. After all, his agreement is still only verbal. Wouldn't be a great look for him coming back to the Warriors though.

Reply #193365 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

if Brand does this then he deserves a slap in the face... clippers have stood by him and done everything in their power to work the team around him... did he learn nothing from what happened in boston... he stays at clippers all they need is one more stand out shooter and they are set

Reply #193367 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

clippers have stood by him and done everything in their power to work the team around him

I don't agree Ricey- the Clips would have been nothing without Brand playing for them the last x amount of years

I guess he thinks Phili are closer to making the playoffs then LAC

Reply #193411 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

did i say the team was good without brand? i said they have been working to try get better players and what not

Reply #193438 | Report this post

NPBHS  
Years ago

Brand has obviously had enough with the Clippers franchise.
I think in all honesty he has made a smart move. Think about it. Move to the east, play well and the door is wide open to sneak into the playoffs behind the Celtics.
That compared with staying in the West, been a superstar on a dud team and getting NOWHERE, because powerhouses such as LA,Spurs,Hornets, Phoenix and Utah are just dominating the west.

Going to the East will prove a smart decisio because he will have a great oppurtunity to make the Playoffs. This is because the East is much weaker than the West.

Reply #193497 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

If the 76ers can keep this squad together for a couple of seasons, i can def see them challenging for a title. The Brand/Dal front court is a good match with Bostons KG/Perk. IG, Young and Miller are in trouble against the Truth, Ray and Rondo... I guess the question here is will the decline of the celtics legends co-incide with the continued devlopment of the 76ers IG, Williams and Young...

With that in mind you could probably say season 2009/2010 will be a possibility for Phil, not any sooner.

Reply #193509 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754