The_Champ33
Years ago

Paul Pierce's Knee

Have I missed any news on Paul Pierce's knee injury since the Celtics won the title?

The milking of the injury to be carried off was over the top and he returned within 2 minutes.

He played the rest of the series fine without discomfort or anything. No signs or symptons.

He was holding back from MRI's etc. He's not in the Olympic squad.

Anybody know anything?

Topic #16413 | Report this topic

studley  
Years ago

"The milking of the injury to be carried off was over the top and he returned within 2 minutes."

I believe that the medical term for that is the "Chad Cornes" Syndrome....

Reply #193353 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Is that you Graham?

Lol

Reply #193358 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Champ, there is an article on Boston.com today in which Pierce said he thinks the knee is fine. He is having an MRI shortly, but it sounds like its just precautionary.

Pierce was never going to play at the Olympics, because 1)USA Basketball still blames Pierce (amongst others) for the 2002 Worlds debacle in Indianapolis
2)The guy just played 108 games to win a championship, wants another shot next year, and is over 30, so he needs the rest.

Reply #193360 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I know and agree with all those factors about not playing in the olympics.

I just wanted an update on the knee given it's been quiet since the title.

Thanks for the small update

Reply #193363 | Report this post

dcanwade  
Years ago

Pierce knee is another example of the "drama" NBA is giving the viewing audience. The only thing they lacked was the inspriation music to go with Pierce sudden return. What will be next for NBA Entertainment .. a player scoring extra points while the referee has his back turned away ??!! .. hmmmm

Reply #193466 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754