LC
Years ago

Boomers bounce back to beat Brazil

Boomers have bounced back from two straight losses to beat Brazil by 5 points this morning.
Anstey bounced back with a game high 24 pts & 8 reb, with Newley providing great support with 17 pts, 4/5 from the field and 9/13 from the line to go with 5 reb. Mills scored 10 pts.

Kendall DNP and Andersen had just 5 min of court time. Neilson fouled out in 14 min of action.

Shot just 5/21 from the 3-pt line - at least they took less shots this time around.

BRAZIL AUSTRALIA
84 89

84% 16 / 19 <1> 26 / 32 81%
57% 19 / 33 <2> 24 / 40 60%
40% 10 / 25 <3> 5 / 21 23%
4/5 FAST BREAKS 4/6
23 FOULS 22
25 REBOUNDS 37
18 ASSISTS 11
19 TURNOVERS 20
10 STEALS 15
1 BLOCKS 3

Link to stats: http://linky.com.au/3umdr

Looks like it was a scrappy game.

Topic #16426 | Report this topic

gravytrain  
Years ago

At least they beat a decent team - playing the likes of Iran and New Zealand (who are nowhere near what they were) just ain't good enough preparation for the monster ballclubs they'll be facing in August.

Reply #193461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I might point out that Brazil didn't have their two nba studs nene and varejao.

Reply #193471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

luke kendall didn't hit the court so he's difinately cut. so is bogut in, kendalol out the final change that will be made?

Reply #193472 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Was Barbosa playing?

Reply #193488 | Report this post

NPBHS  
Years ago

Was Leandro Barbosa playing?
Every game that the Boomers play makes me relise just how much they need James Harvey.
They continue to shoot poorly from downtown(5/21), after they were bricking it the other night against Crotai(i think?)
If James Harvey was there, he would be shooting a great %, and he would surely help the team more than a guy like Kendell. Hopefully, the boomers continue to shoot bad(up until the Olympics), because it will make Goorj relise what a dickhead he is in leaving out the best shooter in Aussie out of the team.

Reply #193489 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

brazil is dud just lik de Aus team. dey need to bring back Scmidt and Gaze ta hav a shootout !!

Reply #193490 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

better ta concentrate on de opals. at least dey hav as good a chance as any team !!!

Reply #193491 | Report this post

NPBHS  
Years ago

Nice english Playa.
Boomers are certainly going to struggle if they can only beat a Brazilian team by 5, when the Brazil team are missing 2 or possibly 3 of their Best players(all NBA players).
But I do seriously think we can do WELL, if we make our shots. Obvisouly, i have not seen this game and don't know whether they flaked up open 3's or shot 3's with a big hand in their face.
Either way, they got to make their shots.
Mills is a solid shooter, but can be very inconsistent. Bruton is our best shooter and can shoot the lights out, however the pressure of the Int'l teams is much more than of that in the ANBL. Newley is an alright shooter-He can shoot well, but has a lack of consistency.
Overall, on any day the Boomers can knock down the shots, but their not consistent enough.
The reason why the Boomers team of the past were so good, were because Heal and Gaze were CONSISTENT shooters

Reply #193495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understood that Harvey is still a possibility to play the olympic. I recall him being listed as a 'reserve' (sorry it was about 3 weeks ago and I can't remember where I read that information)

Reply #193626 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:54 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754