skip
Years ago

Hodge Watch Continued..

Game 3
Started again but only played 13 minutes.
Only 2 points
0/3 from the field
2/4 from the stripe
4 Boards (2D,2O)
3 Fouls
1 Assist, Steal and Turnover.

It is looking less and less likely of an NBA recall IMO.

Topic #16431 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Excellent good to hear! Shame for him though

Reply #193484 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Bring him back to the 36ers and make my season tickets worth every cent.

Reply #193492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where are u getting this infor from skip?

Reply #193502 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

NBA website mate. Or to be exact...
http://linky.com.au/ea9wc

Reply #193503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its ok, found it. hopefully hodge plays in vegas sumer league aswell and lifts his game. he can do much better than that but also deserves more minutes. bruce, and maric are also making no noise at all.

Reply #193504 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

picked up Beasley's stat line against NJ

1/13 FG 7 Fouls (huh?) and 5 TO in 26mins.

Reply #193508 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Brockman, you cannot foul out in Summer Pro League, hence the 7 fouls..

Reply #193510 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Cheers DB5 thought that must have been it.

Reply #193512 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

You can foul out with 7 fouls if you keep conducting the 'intentional foul' to stop the clock.

There was a bloke from the Sonics who picked up 4 fouls in 10-15mins as part of his game. Forget his name as I type this though.
He was a black bloke, 6'8-6'10, PF with huge dreads similiar to a Busta Rhymes.

Reply #193513 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I'm gonna say Danny Fortson Champ

Reply #193520 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Maric hasn't been doing to badly had one good game, but yes bruce and Hodge not doing to well. Good news for sixers fans i spose

Reply #193522 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

It must be tough playing these games, you would think the comp to get touches and catch the eye of the coaches would not be too conducive to team play...

Reply #193536 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I reckon Mikki Moore from that description champ...

Reply #193540 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Kent Brockman, even that Beasley had a bad game he has been doing much better then Rose! I still think Rose will be no good this season. Maybe 10ppg, 4apg, 3 rpg. I think he is very over rated! Ill probably be eating my words come season time tho :P

Reply #193552 | Report this post

NPBHS  
Years ago

I agree King James, Rose just isn't ready. He is soo damn quick, but i haven't seen his jump shot. Does he have one?
Rose is also very turnover pronged, but i reckon we shouldn't be jumping on his back just yet. After all it is only summer. Once the summer league is finished, im sure he will improve immensely.

On the subject of Hodge- Why do we have a new thread on him every game he plays. It's ridicolous.
I know he shot a 3 today- It wouldn't suprise me if a person made a new thread titled "Hodge shoots 3!"

Reply #193567 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Only hard part in Summer leagues is the number one rule "never pass the ball". Most players are out for themselves and aren't interested in showing off their team-based skills (aka, screens, passing).

Reply #193574 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

on 5aa they discussed it with someone on from the adevertiser, zek i think he was boldy stating hodge is a 99% done deal for the 36ers, now as a fan i hope this is true, as a realist this reporter is probably on the same stuff king cole was on

Reply #193575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how can he know that until hodge has played in the vegas summer league?

Reply #193585 | Report this post

curtleyambrose  
Years ago

I really don't see how Hodge could reasonably accept an offer from the Tigers anyway with their line-up and salary issues. How much is schenscher getting for the 1 year deal?

Reply #193587 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wow, so there's only a 1% chance he won't come? By my calcualtions that would make the odds 100 to 1 of him not being here. I wonder if this journalist would give me those odds on a tenner?

Reply #193594 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'm enjoying the Hodge watch, skip. And thanks.
Now the odds, like 100 to 1 of him not being here, I find interesting. Would it be 50/50, billo ?

Reply #193598 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

dont know how he could make a claim so early into summer league

Reply #193599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word from inside Tigers camp is that an 'offer' they have given to Hodges agent is that the 36ers will not and cannot match it! sad.

Reply #193600 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

When you think he'd bring in more than he'd cost us. That would be sad.

Reply #193601 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Your guess is as good as mine Camel, I'm not privy to any inside information I'm afraid. All I know is that the chances of him either making the NBA or going to the Tigers are greater than 1%.

Reply #193603 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

nutter, if Hodge is not doing too well, how is that good for Sixer's fans? Are we looking for a "not so good" Hodge?

Reply #193606 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

EC, I think nutter means that he is not playing well, wont get picked up by an NBA club, and will return to the 36ers.

Reply #193611 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Game 4

Didn't start. Played 13 minutes.
1/3 from the field
3/5 from the strip
5 points
2 Boards
2 Assists
1 Foul
1 Turnover

Reply #193613 | Report this post

dee - mak  
Years ago

of course tigers have offered him an offer sixers cant match ,, they have no regard to the cap or decency to let good players join other teams, they are driving the NBL into the ground .. Shameus and his cronies are a fukn disgrace.. and I suggest if tigers sign Hodge, that mcpeake is beheaded by an angry mob. I mean they got whore, griz, antsey, barloo, smack. u get my point. its stoopid!

Reply #193621 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The latest Ive heard is that the tigers arent looking at him at all anymore.

Reply #193622 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

If Hodge did sign with Melbourne and the team were injury free I couldn't see them losing more than two or three games (Cairns?, NZ?, Perth?). And no team could take three games off them in a finals series.

Reply #193631 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Game 5 (Final Game)

Only got 5 minutes court time today.
2 points (foul shots)
1 Offensive Board
1 assist

Overall average per game for the week.

12:04 minutes (Started in 2/5 games)
3 points (30% from Field, 0% From 3pt, 64% from stripe)
3.2 Boards
1 assists
0.4 steals
0.8 Turnovers

Will he be picked up to play with anyone in Vegas? It could be sooner rather than later that we hear if he is coming back to Adelaide.

Reply #193768 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Just on the subject of Hodge and the Tigers, I can't see how he could fit under the points cap?

Anstey 10
Sammy Mac 10
Grizzard 10
Barlow 8
Crosswell - 8(7) from when he signed current contract
Hoare - 9(8) same reason as Crosswell
Corletto - 6(3)loyalty reductions??
Greer - 4(1) I'm guessing from earlier contract?
Johnson 3 - as the YAP must be in the starting 10

Now I calculate that as equalling 60 pts.

Hodge is a 10 and hence would not fit under the points cap. Surely even McPeake couldn't pull off a stunt like that to fit him in???

Even if they could re-rate someone, who? Anstey, Sammy Mac and Grizz are all legit 10s and Barlow is more a 9 than a 7, no other players could even be re-rated due to their internal ratings applying anyway.

Therefore, the Sammy Mac signing effectively means Melbourne will be playing with only 1 import this season, although I'm expecting McPeake to front with one of his usual tricks. Thoughts?

Reply #193826 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:25 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754