Who Me?
Years ago

U18 Champs

I have been off the forum for a few days and just wondered why the results that the U18 Metro Boys aren't being mentioned much.

Could it be becasue they went 6 and 0 and if its talked about its is hard to whinge when they are undefeated.

I have no allegiance to anybody playing, before you asked, just not surprised that people only tend to talk about the negatives.

Good luck to the team, coaches and support staff in the finals over the next few days.

Topic #16437 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

That is an exceptional effort from the U18 team and coaching staff! Good luck to them tomorrow, I believe they will be playing their first final at around 11am, so good luck! Don't want to get too ahead of myself but when was the last time SA won a tournament? Just had a look and it was 1991 for U18's! Damn, that's a long time between drinks (non alcoholic of course!)

Reply #193570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the bloody girls , who have also done a great job.Especially the metro side beating NSW Metro and now should finish 2nd in their pool.

Reply #193571 | Report this post

where we stand  
Years ago

I did a summary in the Under 18 nationals thread yesterday, but i think this forum is too focused on the NBA draft at the minute and the nationals talk falls away too quickly.

Great effort by the SAM lads to 1. beat VICM and 2. top their pool. Semi tomorrow to decide what colour medal they'll be playing for.

SACG are playing right now (down 6 at the half) and if they win, they'll finish 2nd and play a semi tomorrow to decide what colour medal they'll play for.

Doing the sums yesterday i didn't think the SAMG could make top 2 - but if i'm wrong, then even better!

Reply #193578 | Report this post

where we stand  
Years ago

Re: the SAMG

this note is on the ladder page for their pool

Ladder Notes
Standings Pool B Women
In a 2 way tie the head to head result splits the teams.
NSW Metro defeated QLD South therefore :
1st Pool B is NSW Metro
2nd Pool B is QLD South

VIC Country defeated SA Metro therefore
3rd Pool B is VIC Country
4th Pool B is SA Metro

So while they were around the mark, they'll be playing for somewhere between 5-8 i think.

Reply #193580 | Report this post

where we stand  
Years ago

SACG just beat NSWC by two, so they finish 2nd in their pool and join their SAMB counterparts in playing off in a semi tomorrow to decide what colour medal they'll play for.

Both SAMB and SACG can't finish lower than fourth, and the form the SAMB have been in, they'll be looking at taking tomorrow's game and facing off against VICM again.

Great work to all SA teams & support staff.

Reply #193586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #193591 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Isn't it Goooooooo Gary?

Reply #193610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA metro girls beat WA Metro. Playing for 5/6 Country girls playing for 3/4.

Reply #193668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are they all fit and healthy for the finals??

Reply #193677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a shame the way the pools are the metro girls are much stonger than country and they are going to finish lower. Not really a good gauge of the talent

Reply #193703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with 1 minute to go we are up by 5points. go boys

Reply #193719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We beat Qld North 76 - 65.

Reply #193720 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Metro boys playing Vic Met for gold tomorrow. Beat them early in the week, but it'll be a tough match.

Good luck boys, they've done a great job all week & hopefully they can have 1 more great game tomorrow.

Reply #193731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #193732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh please

Its a shame the way the pools are the metro girls are much stonger than country and they are going to finish lower. Not really a good gauge of the talent

Country had a harder draw, dont bitch about a good thing....Metro boys in gold meadal game, girls country in bronze......
What could be better than that.......

You think the girls are stronger????? thats why Metro are playing for 5/6???? Does look alright from a country and SA point

Go SA Country, bring home a medal

Reply #193737 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

Well done metro boys. Don't get too far ahead of yourselves you are only where everybody knew you should be - in the final against vic metro. Those 2 teams are a level above anyone else.

You now need to do what you have not done in the past as an age group - that is win a major tournament. Good luck.

Reply #193743 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Big game...SA Metro take on VIC Metro.

SA beat their VIC counterparts in the round robin games...can they do it again?

http://linky.com.au/7by5a

Reply #193761 | Report this post

Winners  
Years ago

They have done us proud whatever the final score is - congratulations to the team, coaches and support staff for getting this far into the tourny. "go you crows"

Reply #193764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

country won by 3 66-63

Reply #193776 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Vic Metro beat SA Metro 88-70 in the final.

Box score: http://linky.com.au/910jb

Vics just too strong in the end...good effort.

Reply #193823 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754