random
Years ago

Where to for Jason Smith

Just wondering if anyone has information on what is going to happen with Jason Smith?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/07/02/2291718.htm

The article above suggests he hasn't signed a contract with South Dragons. Further to this, I have spoken to the South Dragons and they have said that he will not be playing for them this season.

Where to now....

Topic #16444 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bag man for Boy Goorg

Reply #193676 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He and his brother Darren are opening a hairdressing salon called 'Twin Hair'

Reply #193692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here come the dickhead posts again to legit questions because some people think they are being asked for their own personal opinion on somebody.
Heaven forbid if you were to have the same attitude to a player or team they like.
Random, I dunno the answer to your question sorry- would be interesting to know as I too thought he was one of the first to sign with Goorj at the Dragons.

Reply #193695 | Report this post

random  
Years ago

I would have thought that even though he will be injured for half the season, he would be a valuable signing. He still has a few good years in him yet, and I don't know that there are still many unsigned players out there.

Reply #193697 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

From what I heard, his injury was worse than thought and hence the Dragons have not inked the deal.

Reply #193698 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Oh, heaven forbid that we would give our own opinion on a public forum.....

oh no...

Reply #193704 | Report this post

curtleyambrose  
Years ago

according to gaze.com.au he has signed for the Dragons for next season, as has Ebi Ere.

Reply #193705 | Report this post

curtleyambrose  
Years ago

I love anstey's comment ""We're right up there with the European teams at the moment," he said. "We have a unique style of basketball and if the teams we play don't adapt to it in time, we'll have a good advantage over them."

That's a big call when you've lost quite heavily to Greece and struggled against Croatia too, let's hope he's right.

http://linky.com.au/b057y

Reply #193707 | Report this post

curtleyambrose  
Years ago

oops, wrong discussion point.

Reply #193710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DB5- are you giving others a green light to say the same back to you when they disagree with your opinions and the like?
I doubt it...

Anyway, interesting that forums are still claiming Ebi and Smith as Dragons.
I wish I had asked Gibson the other week at his going away gig but I assumed it was a done deal.

Reply #193727 | Report this post

SydneyKings22  
Years ago

Ere signed with the Dragons but it wont be offical til Monday.

Reply #193733 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Years ago

Dragons can't afford to sign Ere and Smith, and don't have a playing position left now either...my bets are on the Razorbacks (or whatever they decide to rename themselves)for Smith.
Aquilina (owner) posted a big spiel on their site saying they want to become the new team for all of Sydney...how else are they gonna reach Kings fans, without some ex-Kings talent..like to see a few of them sign on actually, otherwise they're still gonna be crap. But Smith would go a long way towards achieving that "all of Sydney" goal,... we'll see,

PS; if he signs with the Pigs, I reserve the right to say I told you so, if he doesn't ...well I'll slip away quietly and pretend I never said it.

Reply #193734 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Years ago

By the way...heard on another forum that Dragons significantly lowered their offer to Smith when he told them about his injury, that's why he turned them down in the end. Also heard he's expected to be "game ready" in about 5 months, so he will play a good part of the season for whoever he signs with.

Reply #193735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being someone that was a huge supporter of Jason Smith, and what he did for basketball in Melbourne when he played under Gorj, it's extremely dissapointing that he won't be returning. Hopefully he sign's on next season when he has recovered from his injury. It would be good to see him play out his career in Melb.

Reply #193738 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I would have thought he would ply his trade in Euro for the last few years of his career?

Would anone take him given his rep as a hard nosed defender and 3 pt gunner

Reply #193745 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Now official that Smith has been cut lose from the Dragons:

http://linky.com.au/znznw

http://linky.com.au/1jmr5

Reply #193760 | Report this post

SydneyKings22  
Years ago

http://nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=75438

If Smith decides to sign with the Pigs, like the bloke up there thinks... he'll only sign for a year... he would much rather play for the Kings for season '09/'10

Reply #193766 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Am i having de ja vu or didn't we discuss this a few months back?

DICKO did you feed us all this info back then?

Reply #193782 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Years ago

RE

"If Smith decides to sign with the Pigs, like the bloke up there thinks... he'll only sign for a year... he would much rather play for the Kings for season '09/'10"

I agree that He'd love to play for the Kings again....BUT what makes you think the pigs would offer him a 1 year contract?, it's business mate, and if they're gonna pay him decent money to lie on a physio's table for half the season, the Pigs will definitely want more than a year from him, and I reckon that considering the past few months of job instability, his wifey would have a fair bit of say in his decisions regarding permanent employment!!!He'd take whatever he could get mate..wouldn't you?

Reply #193807 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Anonymous, I hear what you're saying brutha. I was absolutely spewing the other day when I didn't ask OJ Mayo about his choice of teams at his birthday party that I went to. And to think MAhic Johnson told me he was going to Miami

Reply #193814 | Report this post

NPBHS  
Years ago

Where to for Jason Smith?
Well according to NBA.COM he plays for the Philadelphia 36ers! LOL

Reply #193818 | Report this post

SydneyKings22  
Years ago

"Bballfan"
He signed for 2 years with the "Spirit," I was close.

Reply #193980 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:05 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754