Panther
Years ago

"Foul" umpiring? Sturt v South

Wasn't at the game, so need feedback from those who were there. But I was looking through the stats online this morning and noticed that Sturt were only called for 9 fouls! Now being an expert on fouling myself, I have never seen something like this in an ABL game, not one player with more than 2 fouls.
I had a look through all the other games and on average teams rack up about 20 fouls each. I also thought I better have a look at Sturt's history and again on average are fouling above the 20 per game mark!
Was the umpiring that bad or were the Sabres Ninja like in their defence???
What was the game like overall, a very low scoring game, just the way Sturt wanted it.

Topic #16460 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing in it, good game to watch, umpires didnt decide the result, should be a cracker game in two weeks time!

Reply #193825 | Report this post

WWE  
Years ago

Mens game was great to watch, Its worth mentioning how bad the umpiring was in the womens game, not to mention the score bench confusion towards the end of the game. Nearly a great come back from South Women

Reply #193832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vaughno wasn't there...MAybe that helped??

Reply #193838 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

If Sturt only had 9 fouls for the game, I'm guessing Gower didn't play.....

Reply #193855 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Lol...yeah Gower didn't play.

Reply #193864 | Report this post

donato  
Years ago

Yes but another exceptional performance by the south women's coach - surely we dont need that behaviour in such a close game

Reply #193898 | Report this post

Frog  
Years ago

He is passionate about the game. Do u thinks its also worth mentioning that the sturt coach got a tech also??
Watever the south coach said to the girls at the half time break worked cause they near pulled off a big upset.

Reply #193899 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Yes Frog, whatever he said got a reaction out of his girls, in the same way that whatever he screamed at the bench in the final minute should get a reaction out of BSA. Fortunately the official video was being filmed from directly behind the bench.

Reply #193903 | Report this post

Frog  
Years ago

LMAO, the official video you talk about was actually a South parent filming the game. Nice try though.

Reply #193906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find that the official on the bench put her hand up and said she made a mistake... Very costly. The South team made a fantastic comeback to almost steal it. Very entertaining game to watch, and some of the theatrics of the girls was entertaining as well....

Reply #193909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the official on the bench put her hand up and said she made a mistake"...was that to acknowledge her huge stuff-up once? Or twice...the same happened at the Woodville v South game? And yes it was the same official...I think that's the point the coach was making.

Reply #193915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It also happenned at the South/West game at Port Adelaide with the same official.
I think there have been reports filed so this thread should be locked immediately

Reply #193919 | Report this post

ithink  
Years ago

i think both games were really good to watch and that everyone should quit complaining.

Reply #193924 | Report this post

bloodynora  
Years ago

Panther, to answer your original question. No, Sturt didn't have fantastic defence as the stats would possibly indicate. The reffing in both games could be described with one word 'inconsistent'. Having said that, the South men didn't play as well as they have in past weeks and hopefully this is the last bad game they play this season (including finals)

Reply #193948 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:56 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754