Anonymous
Years ago

Can North win again or will it be a new champ?

Well all things going as they should this weekend North will claim second spot again this season. (something not many thought they could without Dusty) But can they win it again from second spot?

Recent form of Forestville says that they are favorites at the minute but they have relied heavily on Pero in both recent wins over Norwood and North, and the players forced line of "we dont know" when asked if Pero will be around come finals time is enough to tell me he isnt going to be around. Still without him, the Eagles do look the goods at the min.

Are Norwood done? one should think not. This is a far better squad than what was on display at Wayville last round, although one cant help but think that last year may have been their best chance to get it, but could still do some damage from third.

Can one of the other 2 team "making up" the finals have a legitimate shot? I for one wouldnt want to play South in an elimination final situation but at this stage after there loss last weekend cant see them getting past the first round.

So the questions beckons will North go back to back or will there be a new champ?

I think smart money would be on a Forestville, North final with it a 50/50 split from there.

Anyone got any insights and reasons why it might go a different way?

Topic #16471 | Report this topic

Spectator  
Years ago

Norwood are done. Not sure why Krause is not starting. Grantham looks a little out of his depth against the better teams. There is really nothing coming off the bench after the first 6 which will be the difference in the finals.

My money is on Forestville too. Their defence is too good and they execute their offense really well.

Reply #193953 | Report this post

SydneyKings22  
Years ago

North, for the win!

Reply #193979 | Report this post

Mr. Schueller  
Years ago

i think it will come down to the coaching with north being just too good in that category! strong rumour Dusty will be down to watch 2...

Reply #193984 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754