tj
Years ago

Wollacott medal

With one game to go and having already established that Cayla will take out the Halls, who is most likely to win the Wollacott medal? It seems to be alot more even in the mens. I think it will be Burdon and Hoban a close second.

Topic #16477 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

Will not be Burdon or Hoban

I say Reardon from North will win it

Reply #194002 | Report this post

kezza  
Years ago

Reardon has had a good season but North have won alot of games and Burdon has been in brilliant form so may take votes from one another..

Same with Norwood, Matthews, krause, Thompson are all fav's but whether they take votes off one another is another question.

Based on this theory, does anybody think the winner will be from one of the top five teams or is it more likely to be someone that has played a lone hand in one of the bottom teams and not likely to be rivaled from many teamates for votes (ie. McKenzie (south), Wilson (Woodville), Brehney (Eastern), Pudds (Centrals)

Reply #194025 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

Cam Wilson!!!

Reply #194032 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think if you look through history it tends to come from a top two or three team.

Reply #194042 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

kezza last time I checked South were a top 5 team and McKenzie has certainly not played a lone hand. Fuller, Halleren, Pilkington and Frost in particular have made a big contribution to South's success.

Reply #194048 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Top 3 I think will be Wilson, E.Burdon and Matthews.

A smokey maybe Puddifoot or Spadavecchia?

Can't see anyone from Forestville winning it, will take votes off each other whereas at North and Norwood, Matthews and Burdon are standouts.

Breheny may get some votes but I am a firm believer that if you lose by more than 25, then all 3 vote getters should be from the winning team.

Reply #194072 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I think Wilson will be leading at the half way mark - I'm not sure he will be able to hold on tho. Expect Burdon and Matthews to chase him down.

I think Puddifoot will be the only other player in teams outside the five to poll well (top 5-7).

Reply #194084 | Report this post

kezza  
Years ago

Sorry Lockstock, didn't do my homework on South. Yes, they are certainly in the top five and have had some strong contributers all round.

Reply #194141 | Report this post

rocky  
Years ago

Totally agree that the winner is most likely to be from the top three sides as does history confirm this is often the case.

Cam Wilson should be right in there among the votes, especially in the first half of the season and since he basically plays out most of the minutes. But if you look a previous forum with all-star five predictions, he was hardly mentioned as a definate selection. Not to say that he won't earn himself a spot, but as guards, Burdon and Matthews are all class and I would think the Wollacott medallist will be someone in th all-star five.

My tip is Burdon.

Reply #194144 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Eze easy!

Reply #194147 | Report this post

s vidmar  
Years ago

I think Cam Wilson will win from Tripod and Horse will be a close third.

Reply #194151 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

If loyalty & commitment come into it , Cam Wilson would win by miles!

Reply #194159 | Report this post

_  
Years ago

What and Erik Burdon wouldn't?

Reply #194161 | Report this post

dallas  
Years ago

No doubt Cam is having his best season since 2005, of not better. The fact is though his team have only won about five-six games and whilst there is no doubt his loyalty and committment is second to none, I believe he only stands out most of the time because whilst Gary is injured, no-one else in that team does and he plays out the full 46 minutes most of the time.

I believe Eric, Peter Hoban, Matthews contribute more in their court time and dominate games from start to finish. I am involved with Woodville in the juniour ranks,but I would think one of the guys in the top sides is a better and more worthy recipient of the award this year.

Reply #194165 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

Pretty sure if you got no good players around you assists would be a whole lot harder to get. Not to mention the added attention on defense that he gets due to a lack of talent.

Would highly doubt Woodville would've won any more games with Eze or Matthews instead of Wilson.

Reply #194175 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754