Johnny Sack
Years ago

Cadel Evans - Can he keep yellow all the way?

Just a shout out to Cadel for his performance overnight. Managed to just (by 1 sec) slip ahead of Schleck to nab the yellow jersey - a gutsy performance on a stage that broke a lot of the previous days contenders. One of the most exciting stages of the TDF i have ever seen.

Fingers crossed, that he can keep the jersey all the way to Paris - would be a boon for Australian Cycling/Sport.

Topic #16480 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Whether he keep it or not now is irrelevant. He needs to be wearing the yellow jersey after the last time trial. If he is he will win.

Reply #194068 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Well he's probably in the top three TT'ers in the field - a rarity for a strong climber, so that looks good for him... I worry about the quality of his team mates though...

Reply #194071 | Report this post

Old School  
Years ago

As they are starting the Mountain stages now some of the toughest in the world and being a strong climber i think he will be that far in front barring any setbacks and falls he will be wearing it into Paris on the final day

Reply #194093 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Everybody be honest - who has become a cycling expert in the last two weeks? e.g. - Johnny Sack knows that "TT'ers" don't usually make strong climbers. Johnny, are you a cycling fan or did you hear someone say that on SBS last night?

It's like the Olympics - you watch the gymnastics for two days and all of a sudden you are getting upset when some Romanian chick gets a 9.675 instead of a 9.671 for her parallel bar routine

Reply #194101 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Its pretty obvious doctor, most of the time trials are done on fairly flat ground, and from years of watching the TDF the riders that dominate the mountain stages rarely do well in the time trials. Cadel is an all around rider and thats why he has a great chance of winning it.

Reply #194107 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

Hey Doc, fwiw - i am a cyclist... let`s leave it at that... i was just stating that Cadel is a major freak in in professional cycling (along with Mick Rogers - another Aussie, who`s out with Epstein-Barr) in the fact that he is a world class TTer (along with the climbing) nothing more nothing less... Not trying to big note if that`s what you worry is - just stating a fact that some people might find useful...

By the way i wish i could get SBS commentary (bineg in Japan) - Martin Tyler absolutely rocks - and the Japanese commentators suck balls and i can`t understand French... :(

Reply #194118 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

It's a bit like reading this website and becoming a basketball expert.

Reply #194121 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

How good was it when Cadel was 10km from the finish and he looked behind and saw Kim Kirchen 30 metres behind him? He just took off!! It was almost like he said "Shit, gotta go!!!!"

Reply #194140 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Yeah, I agree. I was surprised to see how easily/quickly the others got back on his wheel though. Menchov worries me - he looked like he wasn't even trying the whole stage. I hope that Evans does some attacking in the yellow jersey rather than just trying to defend it for two weeks.

Reply #194148 | Report this post

Virenque  
Years ago

I love the tour but these late nights are killing me!

Reply #194294 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754