Chewy
Years ago

NH: Showdown XXV

Anyone watch the Showdown today? Thought it was a pretty clean game, played in the right spirit. Great to see Port come out on top. Crows surely won't make the finals now, they can't even beat a team that had nothing to play for this year. The Crows had everything to play for, a spot back in the top 8, and breathing room from the teams around the 8-10 positions in the league.

Danyle Pearce got the Showdown medal for a great game by him. 24 possessions and 3 goals, definitely his best game in a while that's for sure.

When will the Crows win another game? They have Sydney next week at the SCG. They have played well there in recent times, so many they can break their drought. Can't see that happening though.

As for the Power, Port should be able to beat Fremantle at AAMI next Sunday. This season is very similar to 2006 for the Power. They were out of the finals early, blooding their youngsters, beating the Crows in the last showdown of the season. Next year's Power will once again be in the 8 I think. They just need to find the hard edge which can deliver them home in close games. This will come with the addition of Josh Carr next season (which from what I have heard is very much on the cards).

Topic #16537 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Danyle? Daniel?

Reply #194682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Danyle

Reply #194698 | Report this post

Kurtsmells  
Years ago

IMO my boy Steve Salopek should got himself some credit an the medal. no disrespect to Danyle who played a great game. But i think Sal played better 33 possesions an always hard at the ball which wat showdowns are about.

Reply #194780 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I had Salopek down for it as well, Danyle played well though...about time!

Reply #194804 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:40 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754