cLaRkY
Years ago

Kwame Brown to Pistons?

It looks as though Joe Dumars is close to reaching a 2 year $8million contract with the former #1 draft pick, KWAME BROWN!!!

ESPN.com is reporting that a deal could be finalised in the next few days.
ESPN Article

What do people think about this move by the Pistons management?

Topic #16636 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Terrible move. He's a useless player and one I have never been a fan of.

Reply #195699 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I posted this about 10 am...with ba ha ha ha after it...he he..though Joe D was smarter than this.

Reply #195704 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Kwame has his uses, towel waving, training fodder, rebounder for Billps/Rip and Sheed during training...

I think Dumars overpaid, but Kwame does have some value at the defensive end. His low block defence isn't all the bad, it's just a pity everything else he does is bad.

I also wonder did Dumars do this as he's trading away one of his young bigs with Prince in a big deal and wanted a little insurance.

On an interesting note, and we all know it's not going to happen, but ex-Washington players turn into All-Star at Detroit. Big Ben and Rip both became All Stars after starting at Washington and moving to Detroit.

Reply #195715 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

At least when they call for the floor wipers; Kwame can be waiting to clean up the spills.

Sorry Kwame, the wiper doesn't clean up your defensive game or you ball handling skills.

Reply #195719 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

If he's not required to score at all then 4 mil a season for a fairly good rebounder and low post defender isnt too bad. Diop got 5.6m a year from the mavs and i'd take kwame over him any day of the week.

Reply #195727 | Report this post

new name please  
Years ago

Kwame Brown is hopeless

Reply #195738 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

He cant be that useless....his still getting a chance to play in the NBA

Reply #195746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol yeah funny enough, if he's here he'll be dominating NBL...but he's basically a poorer version of ben wallace

Reply #195748 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Ben Wallace & RIP were already good players, Detroit brought out the best in them

Reply #195753 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

If he was a second round draft pick he would probably be considered a handy player. He's a confidence player but he constantly gets slammed because he was first overall.

His one on one post defence is very underated - its really quite good and his rebounding is decent. Now that people have zero expectations he might be able to start playing basketball. Considering he's never been on a veteran squad who emphasise defense his help defense could improve.

Reply #195761 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

great ..dey got demselves another Darko Milisick !!!!

Reply #195773 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Emaka Okafur re signed with the Bobcats for 6 years and $72 million.

Maurice Evans signed by Atlanta, and Kareem Rush signs with 76ers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3509028

Reply #195789 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

hes not great, but he aint horrible... hes just over rated from day one... as Clutch stated, if he had been drafted lower and not expected to dominate he may have had a chance to become a better player

as for Darko, he got screwed, how can he live up to his hype when he sits on the bench and gets no playing experience

Reply #195898 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

"His one on one post defence is very underated - its really quite good and his rebounding is decent. Now that people have zero expectations he might be able to start playing basketball. Considering he's never been on a veteran squad who emphasise defense his help defense could improve."

mr.clutch...honestly, how much Kwame Brown have you seen in the last 2-3 years to make that assessment?

Reply #195928 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

Ive seen probably every Lakers game shown on fox for the last 2 years.

If i hadn't watched any games i'd probably think he's shit just like you and beleive whatever Steven A Smith tells me.

How many have you seen?

Reply #195971 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Haha,

I've probably seen just as much as you (keep in mind he barely played all of last year, and was at Memphis for half a season).

Sorry but I can't imagine you watching a game of basketball that Kwame Brown was playing in a year or two ago and analysing his post defense etc (let alone positively commenting on it).

No I don't have opinions based on what Stephan A. Smith says, nor do I suggest something that few people would know anything about to be differnet and try sound like an expert..

(similiar to your comparison between Bosh and Biedrens...just how much Bosh and Biedrens have you seen to make any assessment? We live in Australia..)

Reply #196073 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754