http://www.justin.tv/antileech

Topic #16654 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Added bonus, english commentary!

Reply #195909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://fiba-live.sportresult.com/events/FIBAosg2008/players.asp?event_id=BBDM08&game=03

Reply #195910 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Half time.

Interestingly, this is a Eurosport feed, which TPG internet have as part of their IPTV line up.

TPG also have all the CCTV channels, which may be a good back up for Olympics coverage.

Reply #195912 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Why does that FIBA site make you register as a member before you're allowed to see live scores? Seems an unneccessary barrier for people who just want to follow the scores at work, to what end would they even instigate something like that? Some FIBA executive who's bonus is linked to number of registered users?

And yes, I know that in the time I've taken to write this post I could have signed up, but that's not the point.

Anyway, looks like we're up 38:28 at the half, good to see.

Reply #195913 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Ok, so it took about 6 seconds to sign up.

Reply #195914 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Great link Kad, Good Job.

Yao Ming looks seriously off the pace and the Chinese look lazy on defense.

Good commentary, quite knowledgable given the circumstances. Tell it how it is without the being over-dramatic.

Reply #195915 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

billo - what site beside Hoops SA allows you to do anything these days without some sort of registration.

Reply #195916 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

I didnt have to sign up?

Reply #195918 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

NBA.com, NBL.com (when it works), BBC.co.uk, any of the websites for tennis majors, cricinfo.com, tour de france, the open golf, the list goes on. I've never had to register to follow up to the minute scores anywhere else.

Reply #195919 | Report this post

new name please  
Years ago

I didn't have to sign up.
Australia IMO aren't playign good basketball. We are only up by 6 at the moment, against a very poor China team.
The Chinese are having big problems as their coach doesn't speak Chinese and they need a translator.
Nielson isn't exactly acting like a captain. Just got a technical for kicking a chinese player and seems pretty fired up.
Australia are a 20 point better team(at least)

Reply #195920 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yi doesn't seem to be setting the court on fire, 22 miuntes for 4 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 points, 0 shot attempts. Who's guarding him?

Reply #195921 | Report this post

new name please  
Years ago

He just took a shot and it was an airball.
He doesn't even look like he wants to score. He needs to step up more.

Reply #195922 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

You needed evidence that Nielsen wouldn't act like a good captain?

Reply #195923 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Asian basketball is a mess - it's doubtful as to whether China would have qualified over Iran/Lebanon/South Korea (they got in as the Hosts)... So this game isn't much of a gauge of our chances - we played pretty ordinarily (there's a bit of work that needs to be done if the Boomers don't want to be embarrassed)... That said we seem to be a lot more poised/composed on the court compared to previous teams...

Reply #195924 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Only saw second half but Wortho, Bogut and Newley looked comfortable, Bruton not so convincing. Most impressive was the Boomer defensive rotations, especially the help 'D' on Yao.

The offense didn't seem to click with Mills, Sav, Neilson, Andersen and Anstey on the floor. Would people agree? and who in particularly who were most impressive players for the Boomers across the whole game?

Finally, had to laugh at comments on Anstey's feet being all wrong when he popped for a long bomb. It was refreshing to get an 'outsiders' opinion of Anstey's technique. I've always thought his feet were messed up when he drops a long bomb.

Reply #195926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's funny i was reading a chinese post and apparently their local media is going on about how good the team is in that they have a legit chance to beat the likes of greece and fight for medal. much like the aus media. they're saying 3 NBA calibers wang, yi and yao lol. i didn't watch the game, was barlow on yi?

Reply #195929 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Like you Big Ads only saw the 2nd half. I basically agree with what you have said. Our defence was very good and I think it will be an effective ploy even against some of the better teams at the Olympics.

Our offence was truly awful though. I couldn't discern one obvious play that our guys were able to execute effectively to get someone open. As always with the Boomers our offence consists of dribbling and passing randomly around the perimeter hoping that someone will get open to jack up a 3.

When we did get it into the post to Bogut, everyone stood around waiting for him to post up Yao. That is not what we want against someone that big and good. Bogut is at his best when he can hit cutters going to the basket. I hope Goorjian addresses this, because Newley, Ingles, Nielsen, Wortho, Barlow and even Sav should have a lot of success taking it hard to the hoop in this way.

My only other comment is that our guards need to start knocking down open shots late in the game. China was able to stay in the game because we repeatedly missed easy jump shots.

So my question is, who is our ICEMAN? Who wants to be the Boomers starting shooting guard for the next 6 years? Newley? Barlow? Ingles? We need one of those guys to take a big step forward to be successful.

Reply #195932 | Report this post

jaxx  
Years ago

australia should have belted china...we aint gonna medal unless we get more creative with the offense

Reply #195935 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Link to stats: http://linky.com.au/wlt4n

Need to be better on offence - inside-outside game would be good. Very disjointed.
Very happy with the defensive rotations though. Ned to focus on offence and maintain the defence.

Reply #195956 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

7 assists for the entire game?! Harshest scorer ever!

Reply #195974 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Dr Bullshizzle, you obviously didn't see the game!

Reply #195999 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

Reply #478659 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

Done

Reply #478660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754