Beantown
Years ago

Iran v Serbia (spoiler)

Iran just beat Serbia 72-70. Big result for them and well deserved. Their big man Ehadadi is really good. He could be a reasonable NBA centre if he wanted to play there, his only real weakness being transition speed. If I were an NBL team I would try and sign him in an instant, he would dominate our league.

Topic #16658 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I watched the back end of this game and I thought it was a low quality game. Ehadadi was tand is IRan's best player by far and could easily play NBA as a backup centre.
The Serbian team is arguably their weakest team in more than 30-40 years. It was quite sad to watch after their great teams over the years when they dominated international basketball.

Reply #195979 | Report this post

Me  
Years ago

I didnt think Iran used their big man very well when they played here. He looked he was aweseme close to the basket on a few occasions but Iran just didnt have the guards to get him the ball. He then started running out to the short corner just to get touches and couldnt hit the side of a barn from out there. Olympic teams will have them scouted to buggery and will work out ways to shut him down!

Reply #196011 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

LC, you're right Serbia is not particularly strong at the moment. I think the commentators mentioned that most of the team is under 25 and that they are rebuilding though. What I think we can take from that game is the Boomers should not fear Serbia.

If the Boomers have the self belief to make their shots and play to their ability, they will beat teams like Serbia and even Argentina methinks. (Argentina obviously have great guard play, but they are undersized up front and can be exploited there. On the other side of the ledger, I think we finally have enough athleticism in the backcourt to at least cope with players like Ginobili and Delfino.)

Me, I agree with you that the Iranians poor guards limit the effectiveness of their centre. I wrote in another thread that if their guards had turned the ball over a few less times against the Argies, they would have beaten them too! One thing I disagree with though is your comment about Ehadadi's mid-range shooting. I have seen him make several shots from mid-range, including one late in the game against Serbia to seal it, with someone right in his face!

Reply #196029 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754