joker
Years ago

Groves, Dome and 36ers

I hear Eddie is in town next week o sell the dome and the team deal nearly done.

Topic #16659 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Tomorrow is not next week.

Reply #195968 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

If he sells it to Sam Shahin I'm claiming "you heard it here first" rights on the announcement.

Reply #195978 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Politis Group?

Reply #196002 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

not on now

ABC shares down 9% instead.

Reply #196003 | Report this post

N  
Years ago

Shahin has owned the team and made all the decisions since around March. It will become official in the next week or two.

I guess the truth that Mal was Eddy's puppet will finally come out.

Reply #196019 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

You might want to check you source on that N.

Reply #196023 | Report this post

If the Sixers are for sale and it's connected with Groves, why do you guys get longer to find a buyer than we did in Brisbane?

Reply #196052 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Please Eddy, sell the Dome to someone who loves basketball. NO HAPPY CLAPPERS, it would be such a waste of a great BASKETBALL stadium.

Reply #196053 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

new name - different situations.

Reply #196064 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i need a new name too

it is a completely different situation.

The facility that the team plays out is owned by Eddy and has the potential to make money where as the Bullets would have just been sucking cash with limited to no upside(hence no buyers)

Also there was the deadline set by the nbl that the licencee ( groves) would had to commit to which meant fundng the team for a whole year.

Different circumstances here

Reply #196066 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

What is the chance of the dome staying the sixers home?

Reply #196071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mix why would you even ask that?

Reply #196077 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

I'd really like to know what the situation is because I'm concerned about
(1) the future of the 36ers
(2) the future of b/ball in general
(3) the fact that I've paid in full for my season ticket

Lets hope that any new deal that gets done, is subject to decent scrutiny because lately the high rollers have caused enough damage.

Reply #196086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers have many people who wish to buy them. They aren't losing money and they don't have problems with sponsorship or crowds.

They got sold before due to BASA being incapable of running the 36ers and the juniors.

Second time would be because of Groves losing millions of dollars.

Reply #196089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, You have no idea do you? Don't comment on something you do not have a clue about.

Reply #196101 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

The reason i ask is,im not sure if the team and dome will be sold to the same person.
Perhaps the new team owner may not see both as a good deal and opt to rent the adelaide ent cent instead?
Most people would like to see the sixers stay at the dome even if they had different owners.

Reply #196116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #196101..

Tell me where i was wrong please. Anyone can make pathetic attacks with no evidence.

Unless.. you don't have an idea?

Reply #196122 | Report this post

N  
Years ago

The 36ers do not make money. They were part of the reason why BASA fell over.

Only a smart businessman with a passion for basketball and deep pockets will be the right person for the team.

Reply #196213 | Report this post

Sucking up cash/ no upside?
You talk like you're an expert on Brisbane and basketball!
What a load of crap!
If you take out the extremely generous amount of seats taken away from public sale by Eddy for ABC staff in prime seating (mostly) and other sponsors, all of whom don't seem that interested in ball, the Bullets turn out to games is pretty darn good thanks very much.
The lack of interest in sponsors attending games yet chew up valuable seating is not, and never will be, an accurate statement of crowd turn outs in Brisbane.
Sorry, but you are 100% wrong on your apparent expert opinion from all the way over in Adelaide!

Reply #196280 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754