Dennis
Years ago

German players looking for pick up games

So, I'm uping this one. Posted this before. We are in Kings X atm but flexible as to where to play. Going to check out the courts at the Rocks this weekend (What would be a good time to have people to play against?).
Also, still looking for indoor courts to play at night/ in shitty weather.
Is there any Uni practices going on atm, where one can join?

Thanks for your answers,

d.

Topic #16664 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

Dennis this is a South Australian forum so most people who visit this site play in Adelaide not Sydney. Maybe post on this site:

http://www.ozhoopsboards.com/

they might be able to help you.

Good Luck.

Reply #196036 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

I am for joy jumping!

Reply #196041 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Is that you Chris Kaman?

Reply #196046 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Bonz I thought you had some German in you.............

or was he Dutch?

Reply #196047 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I'm unable to play this weekend but i highly reccomend the courts at KGV at the rocks, it is close to kings cross, get off at circular quay station and there are 2 courts there that generally always have indoor half court games going on. The address is 3003 cumberland street the rocks, it is opposite an old pub that i cant remember the name of. As for outdoor courts close to the city, i go to the ones on harris street in pyrmont, there are 2 outdoor courts between john street and miller street on harris street (dont know the exact address but they are near the end of harris street, near the harnour and you need to enter through the stairs at the side). There are also 2 outdoor courts and an indoor court off harris street closer to central station, ultimo. it is directly opposite the ian thorpe aquatic centre (which everyone knows), behind a convenience store, once again i cant find the exact address because i dont know what the place is called. I think it costs around $4 to use this place.

Yes there are sydney people who post on this site but only because adelaide fans are apparently the most knowledgeable about basketball cos their local team gets more fans than the best team in sydney which no longer exists despite being in 4 of the last 6 grand finals and winning 3 of them.

Reply #196078 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

4 Championships overall still wins :-)

Reply #196079 | Report this post

Fox Force 5  
Years ago

Keep talking up your NO TEAM TOWN now, you here!

Reply #196145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Curtley,

thanks again for your useful hints. Tried to send u an eMail after your last post few days ago, but u must have not gotten it. We'll try to hit the courts this weekend. The thing at the Rocks sounds great.
Thanks also to everyone else for the replies.
And, what a shame that the Sydney teams have been closed. Would have loved to see a game.

Make suire you guys cheer for Germany at the Olympics. Thanks to our 100% original German Chris Kaman (*cough*), we made it into one of the toughest groups. But at least we're there ;)

Cheers,

d.

Reply #196161 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754