Topic #16692 | Report this topic

Choke08  
Years ago

Choke 08, Choke 08,

Go you Panthers!!!!

Reply #196394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats South!! Now start preparing to play and beat Norwood next week :)

Reply #196395 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

team of real honest workers - play for each other rather than playing with each other.
just shows going back to back is the new mt everest - north have to be disappointed they were alwys top 3 but not making GF Is way short of expectations -
it hurts

Reply #196396 | Report this post

team Player  
Years ago

Your kidding me South beat North... what the!

Reply #196397 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Half the stadium was filled with vocal South supporters, very few loud North supporters there... As a result, a lot of noise was made in North's offensive end for the second half, including during FT's etc.

The game was also very physical, and a lot wasn't getting called, only to be followed up with a very cheap/soft call.

Reply #196399 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

It was a brilliant game I thought. North should have put the game away early but the persistent South would never go away. The umpires did a great job I thought letting the game flow. One of the best games I have seen. It was unlucky and heart breaking for North to lose on a lucky buzzer beater like that but thats the game sometimes.

Reply #196400 | Report this post

nodusty08  
Years ago

So i guess its no Dusty no North. Schueller doesnt look like the master coach a lot of people have made him out to be.

Whoever South play next week better watch out. Very hard to beat a team with nothing to lose!!

Reply #196401 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

nodusty08, you're a bit slow with that one. I expected it to be atleast the 3rd post on this subject.

Reply #196402 | Report this post

PPower  
Years ago

i was just at the game, UNBELEIVEABLE!!!!!

Go you panthers!

PANTHER ARMY!,PANTHER ARMY!,PANTHER ARMY!

Reply #196403 | Report this post

nodusty08  
Years ago

EC, what can I say, the truth is a brilliant thing!

Reply #196404 | Report this post

YEH BOI  
Years ago

what a way to go out. south were down by 11 early on in the match but staged a brillant comeback led by tmac, frosty, pilks and fulla. all to be toped off by mister clutch daniel kosimider! i think he score like there last 7 points i think. PANTHER army were awesome! very vocal and some funny chants. watch out norwood!

Reply #196405 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Can't believe it.

Had my money on North, but I am now wondering what the difference is between Port Power or North Adelaide Rockets?

Reply #196412 | Report this post

Jim Dandy  
Years ago

Not only did Kosmider hit the game winner, but Frost hit a 3 on the half time buzzer and Halleran a huge 3 on the 3 quarter time buzzer! North hit a 3 on the buzzer of the first quater as well.

Can't ever remember seeing each quarter of a game ending with a made basket on the buzzer!

Reply #196417 | Report this post

Schuller lol

Reply #196418 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Statman - could you please edit your Hoops name please as I have been using the same name for a few years. Thanks

Reply #196420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome performance from both teams....but a stand out performance from the Panthers Army, who do doubt got South over the line. The best game I have seen in years. North looked in control through most of the game and it must be heartbreaking to lose in such circumstances...but what a comeback from South!!

Reply #196422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont think the panthers will be able to overcome forestville next week!

Reply #196429 | Report this post

Congratulations South, great team effort.
Watch out Norwood here comes the Panther's Roar to
put out the Flames!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #196430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where are all the north lovers now???? talking it up all year!!! and didnt even make the top 3!! definately chokers!!! one of the biggest chokes in recent years!!!!!!!!

Reply #196437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happens to north from here? 2 terrible losses in the finals clearly looked like they need another solid player. Their big "recruit" Reardon, really stank it up in the finals! Saw both games and was really disappointed with him!!

Reply #196441 | Report this post

black cat  
Years ago

Oldest player in the league (if not oldest pretty close) AND HE WAS AWESOME!!!

Reply #196443 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

#196437 here is a North supporter right here. Where were you 6 weeks ago when North beat the Panthers by 13 on Panther's home ground? All of a sudden a loss by 2 points on the buzzer constitute a choke. There is always an expectation on the reigning champs to do well the next season. Panthers got lucky last night, not just the final shot on the buzzer but they played above their normal form. North Adelaide have been a superior team to the Panthers all season and a loss to them was not expected. I will say however that North could have done a bit more to keep a more comfortable gap between them so it didn't come down to the final shot. They could have also made allowances for teams playing in an unusual manner when the pressure of finals is on. I don't doubt that the Panthers after the way they played last night can take out the championship but luck doesn't usually come 3 times in a row.

Reply #196445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reardon is only like 25 dumb ass!!

Reply #196446 | Report this post

Graeme_LeBroy  
Years ago

Last night was an awesome ball game to watch. North should have had the game if they hit their open long 2's, but as they missed South stayed in it and pinched it from them in the end. Kosmider's final 3 minutes was sensational.

Well done to both teams to put on a sensational show, the game was played hard and tough with no dirtiness from either team! Great job to everyone involved.

Reply #196447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panthers got lucky, and played above their normal form. C'mon take it like a man! South out played North. Luck had nothing to do with it. If it was the other end that got the buzzer beater you wouldn't be saying that!

Well done to the Panther boys. North played a bloody tough game and the south boys have just as much right as any in the finals to be where they are now!
Finals does crazy things to people and South even with their lack of experience are proving that they have what it takes to play this end of the season!

Good luck South! You guys play with a lot of heart!
Its great to watch a team play for each other.
South fans as well! The whole club has come together!

Reply #196449 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

panthers were fantastic.. the suspense was fantastic in the last quarter, and a brilliant atmosphere all game.. next week the panther army is gonna be out in force!!
and Koz u are a lord!
itll be interesting to see who wins today..

Reply #196450 | Report this post

Marvellous Mel  
Years ago

EC, if they had played well all season and then lost to the panthers, WHO THEY BEAT by 13, I may be wrong but I am almost certain that is called choking.

Reply #196451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #196452 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Damn spoilers. Thanks for telling me the result in the thread title. I was going to watch a replay of this game.

Reply #196453 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Marvellous Me, I gave credit to South for playing a great game. This is the reason that North did not choke.

Reply #196454 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Yeah Oden, on fox just after the replay of the 1976 Chess World Championships......

Reply #196461 | Report this post

bloodynora  
Years ago

Fantastic game last night and deserved win for the boys. For those who claim lucky or playing above themselves, you'd find that most of their losses have been when they've played below themselves. They've got something going for them this year that is better than having any 'stars' who've played NBL etc, they're playing as a TEAM who want it and get down to business. With the South Army as part of that team whoever we play next week will need to be concerned.

Reply #196470 | Report this post

Statman no more  
Years ago

sorry Statman - Statman no more will vanish into the black hole of box scores - long live Livestatman

Reply #196484 | Report this post

N  
Years ago

NO DUSTY, NO NORTH.

Reply #196504 | Report this post

_  
Years ago

They finished second in the regular season, think that shows that they are still a good group and had a good year. Having been at the game i said at the end of the third quarter that who ever ended up winning the game will end up in the GF. So i expect South to now knock off Norwood. They are playing some good basketball. Great game to watch congrats south and comiserations north

Reply #196508 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Great win by the guys and huge for the fans and club.
I guess the Basketball Gods were looking down on Hillcrest last night...

Reply #196514 | Report this post

Well Well Well  
Years ago

Heh Panther do you have any thoughts that as this is the first year without Scanlon South have travelled to the top 3 in a very long time, South love Scans and he bleeds Blue, white and red and I have seen him do tremendous things but it does seem strange that the first year he is out South are top 3 - shed some light big fella

Don't get me wrong I am not a South basher or a North lover....maybe just bored

Reply #196544 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

From where i sit only three teams improved this year: Centrals (not so much on the ladder - but they did play better and had closer games), South and Forestville.

Of the rest a few teams were restructed by injuries and departures (West, Sturt and maybe Woodville to a lesser extent. Southern losing Bungey also hurt after showing early promise) whilst Eastern probably just lack a big name player or two. Norwood seem to be failry similar and should make the GF again to try and redeem themselves. That leaves North - it's a bit hard to judge them because they lost Dusty BUT they did pick up both Reardon AND Mapunda. I think they should have still finished top 3 - so well done South (who are probably the only team in the entire competition who surprised people by where they finished (be it 1, 2, or 3)

Reply #196546 | Report this post

_  
Years ago

Juror 12 i tend to agree with you. I think North improved across the board as they had many players contribute all year and not 1 go to guy. Having said that i would assume that they would see it as a fail as im sure a GF appearance would have only been accepted. North have set a bench mark in the comp the bast couple years much the way Forestville have done for some time and other teams just caught up to where they are.
Having watched South last weekend, they are the biggest improvers by far especially since it hasnt really been due to recruiting un like Forestville. When the crunch was on the Panthers rose to the occasion and that would not have happened in recent years.
As for Forestville they have improved and i think the main reason is Gerlach. He gives them so much versatility in the back court and now makes teams have to defend them in a very different way.

I honestly believe it will be a South v Forestville grand final with the Eagles ending up back on top once again.

Reply #196569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree #569

There was more noise and hot air from the Norwood bench than energy exhibited on the court, especially imo a lack of energy and hardness by Norwood's big men. South to rattle their cage and get the win.

Reply #196579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood will thrash south by 35 points

Reply #196581 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Credit to South so far btu I can't really see them getting past Norwood. I just can't see them scoring enough points inside the paint with the likes of Cooper, Krause and Thompson in there. Guys like Fuller and Pilkington will struglle against the bigger players (that North dont have). It will take a huge game from all of the South smalls to get this one. Having said that this isn't Norwood's favourite time of year...

By the way - has anyone found Krause and Thaompson yet?

Reply #196583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South should just go the hack-a-flame strategy. Norwood were 9-25 from the foul line against Forrestville.

Reply #196589 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

That strategy might help them lose by 40 instead of 60

Reply #196593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes krause did struggle against forestville im sure he would be the first to admit it but u obviously didnt see the game vs north then? obviously another ignorant norwood basher!!

Reply #196606 | Report this post

No Tears  
Years ago

No need to get upset. This site is all about ignorant bashing. Where else would SA Basketballers go to anonymously bash another club/person. Makes some people feel big and tough.

Water off a ducks back.

Reply #196610 | Report this post

donato  
Years ago

It is just great to see Mark Fuller do so well - always been totally under rated. Good luck in the finals South.

Reply #196759 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:10 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754