Ben
Years ago

Women for Guam

Any ideas on womens team.........is Minear only SA player?

Topic #16712 | Report this topic

batman  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #196616 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

NBL team in guam - thats what i reckon.

Reply #196633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the nationals and cannot say that she was by any means the outstanding player from SA. From both teams, yes she scored alot, but most plays were set for her. Defence was somewhat dubious (Im a fan of good defenders, if you cant play good-outstandig defence you are likely to never make it in the highest levels).

A few of the other SAM players performed better over the week, as did quite a few of the SAC players.

Anyway ood luck to her

Reply #196643 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Totally agree with you. Good shooter and yes plays are all set for her....needs to get more physical....Few other SA players bloody unlucky! Perform consistantly every Nationals but gets overlooked here so betchya will go to College instead.!

Reply #196672 | Report this post

glenn  
Years ago

Yes you may be right.She is no good.But she is just a 15 year old kid enjoying a game.
I dont want to loose my kid to the AIS at 15.Continue hanging shit on her and I may keep her.

Thanks

Glenn Minear

Reply #196844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can understand that and the commend you for actually posting. The other two above have not said she is no good, infact she must be good to even make a nationals team and get invited to AIS, the main point mentioned should help her improve her game. That is defence, she improves her defence then she will be very hard to stop.

Reply #196888 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Girls are:

Rebecca Allen
Allyson Brown
Alexandra Bunton
Rebecca Cole
Madeleine Garrick
Kerryn Harrington
Jillian Haughton
Ashleigh Karaitiana
Georgia Minear
Gretel Tippett

Link to BA Website: http://linky.com.au/zegcw

Reply #197077 | Report this post

scooby  
Years ago

Seekamp from SAC had a better tournament then more than half of those names.

Reply #197597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I couldnt agree more Scooby. Seekamp must be unavailable, doesnt make sense with her not making the team.

Reply #197598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give it up guys it's not what you do at the nationals or anywhere else its surname and who you know. Too much has been made of the past successes and selections over the past 2 or 3 years will mean a slide in the future.

Reply #197624 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Totally agreee, you either have to have the name or the look........simple as that......cant believe who missed out!!

Reply #197952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks mum and dad .I think I did a great job in the div 2 pool.

Reply #198394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754