Nick
Years ago

Blaze sign Vanderjagt

"The 213cm centre, who has played the last five years with Townsville, will play a key role for the Blaze this season. Vanderjagt signed to play with the Bullets earlier in May but is excited at the prospect of now lining up with the Blaze this season."

Having signed with a team that folded he's lucky to get another job in the NBL. There are heaps of quality players without a job now that 3 teams have collapsed.

Full Story: http://linky.com.au/tg7an

Topic #16720 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

For those who couldn't be bothered reading the article, Vanderjagt's signed on as their 11th man - insurance in case one of their bigs goes down.

Reply #196637 | Report this post

I'm not all that excited to hear that he's had to sign on as 11th man, but glad that he's happy about signing on at least and finding a new home after we weren't able to provide him with one.
Vanderjagt is a nice bloke- have met him a few times out and about in Brisbane and he's handled the Bullets collapse like a true pro.
I'm happy if he's happy.

Reply #196667 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Isaac, How does this 11th man work exactly?
Is he in the salary cap and points cap or outside of that restriction?

Reply #196687 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure exactly. I think it can be both, but one that's within the points cap could have more flexibility - e.g., could suit without another player needing to be on injury waivers?

Reply #196701 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:08 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754