robin
Years ago

Thoughts on the Gems?

Anyone see the emus and gems on the weekend. What did you think of gems. Too many individuals for my liking and well known names with not much sustance, Need work.

Topic #16721 | Report this topic

Arthur  
Years ago

Totally agree about Gems.....More like ballarinas dont u think??

Reply #196666 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

I thought that they seemed disjointed and too many people were looking for their own shots first. There were some good efforts at times but not overly impressive. Seems to me that there are a few egos floating around, but I guess that is normal.
What is the next step for the gems and do they change the team around.

Reply #196707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats what happens when you choose players who stand out because they play mainly for themselves and not for the team. A good solid team who plays for each other, even if they dont have the big names Like South in the ABL mens comp will always look and perform better

Reply #196718 | Report this post

name  
Years ago

Talking about names, there is one big Australian name that surely should not be there. She is not athletic, overweight and has nothing at all special to her game. But it looks like it's the name that counts. That to me sums it all up. What objectivity is there. Surely there are better players around. This is embarrassing.

Reply #196723 | Report this post

Balls not here  
Years ago

Good bad or indifferent - they just qualified for the world champs! You go girls!

Hey Robin what happened your kid not make the squad? Wahhhhhhhhh

Reply #196820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Balls, a good under 16 district team would have qualified against that opposition

Reply #197158 | Report this post

Balls not here  
Years ago

Moot point really cause they didnt play good observation though. I know that you know your basketball!

Reply #197160 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754