Anonymous
Years ago

T-Mac to Detroit?

Just heard some rumors that T-mac might be heading to Detroit for Billups and Hamiton

I do not understand why Detroit would do that trade because it makes them weaker because there loseing 2 for 1, and if they want to go deep in the Playoffs T-Mac will not take them deep in the Playoffs just look at his record.
But for Hosten it is a great trade it could make them the best team in the western conference and Eastern it they could get this trade there team would be set.

Starters Bench
PG- BIllups PG- ALston/ Brooks
SG- Hamiton SG- Francis???/ Barry
SF- Artest SF- Battier
PF- Scola PF- Novak
C- Yao C- Mutombo

Topic #16737 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Old news..... This trade rumor has been floating around for about 3 weeks now.

Original deal involved Price and Billups for T-Mac. I don't think the Pistons are letting their whole back court go in one trade.

Reply #196851 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I told you this rumour would pop up again with the Artest trade done. I said I wouldn't hold my breath on T-Mac staying.

This news continues to roll on

Reply #196854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they'd let billups go cos of stucky. but not like this...i wouldn't do it. but then would you give up kwame brown for pau gasol?

Reply #196860 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

if t-mac comes to detroit for billups does he get billups' number 1 jersey or not? billups is a former finals mvp, youd be hard pressed to find many players who won the finals mvp for their team that didnt get their number retired.

Reply #196884 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

They wouldn't retire his singlet number till long after he retires...if they do retire it!

Reply #197015 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Can we get people to put a question mark beside a post like this?

eg; T-Mac to Detroit?

I got a pretty big T-Mac woody when i saw it, only to find out its a pipe dream...

Houston would be fools to trade him.

Reply #197047 | Report this post

phd in shot  
Years ago

i would think this wouldnt be a good trade for houston
t mac is the reason they make the finals in the first place yeah billups adn rip would be good to but they are gettin older i can see tmac bein in the league longer playing with bigger impact to

Reply #197071 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Don't forget T-Mac has a chronic back problem and if that remains fine, then he can play for years. The back has almost cost him his career a few times. Always injured sometime during the season. When healthy and in form, a very entertaining unstoppable bloke.

Reply #197102 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

consider this potential line up though...

Houston:
Billups,Rip,Artest (Agent 0 blogged about so I assume it'd go ahead),Battier,Yao

Detroit:
Stucky,T-Mac,Prince,Wallace,Kwame (as agent 0 said, he don't have so much expectation no more so he might play alright)

both line up looks pretty good to me, Detroit always lacked a real core because the team's always been balanced so T-MAC will give them a different look in the playoff in the crucial moments.

as for Houston, 2 for the price of 1...also they can give Artest a more distinctive role on offense (since MAC and Artest's offense can overlap)

so really don't look too bad for both teams on paper here. however, I do think those 2 players worth more than one MAC.

Reply #197152 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That Detroit line up is first round fodder...

Out of all those players mentioned I think the best trio is what is already in place right now. T-Mac, Yao and Artest. Artest picks up the opposition best backcourt scorer, T-Mac can relax a little and conserve energy and if players do get past the outside wall of Artest and Battier than Yao is waiting. T-Mac could also play the weakside defender very well.

Battier is a hot candidate for 6th man of the year.

Scola is servicable at the PF position and between Skip, James and Brooks.

I see Houston (with Artest) as the new Spurs. A great lockdown defender (two if you count Battier), a great glue-guy (Battier). A dominant bigman (when healthy) and scoring punch in the back court with T-Mac.

The Rockets really need to give this squad a chance.

Reply #197154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it does happen, South Adelaide will miss him....

Reply #197213 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754