Dr Bullshit
Years ago

NH - Foxtel Olympic Coverage?

I know in the past olympics' that foxtel have run 4 or 5 "C7" channels and can show anything that channel 7 arent showing. Does anyone know whether this will continue as i have not heard anything from foxtel about it. Im hoping so because 7s coverage is generally piss poor and they just keep switching between sports so you never see a full quota of anything.

Also anyone know sites where there will be live streaming available?

Thanks in advance

Topic #16746 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Telstra and Yahoo7 have live streaming.

2012 will see about 15 Olympic channels -3 on FTA, 12 of Foxtel.

Reply #197122 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

oooh .. wil b countin down de dayz 4 dat !!!

Reply #197123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

small problem playa - u got's 2 b able ta count 1st! slap!

Reply #197124 | Report this post

Ok playa, come back and let us know how many days there are between now and 2012 when you've finished counting the days.

Reply #197126 | Report this post

MAZE  
Years ago

Playa, i speak for many of us, that we are counting down the days you leave.

Reply #197138 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Ok yeh, playa is a twat, but seriously...does anyone know? I am not going to be happy if fox dont have any kind of coverage, or if 7 arent using their HD channels to good use!

Reply #197170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel do not have any coverage except for up-to-date news on Fox Sports News channel.

They do not have rights to even replays.
Tune in to Seven, Seven HD (same content) and SBS for Olympic Coverage.

Reply #197175 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Damn, thanks anyway anon
You'd think after all this time of having different HD channels that one of either nine, ten or seven would actually have the balls/money to put different programming on each channel! Whats the point in having 2 showing the same thing!?

Reply #197178 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cheaper.

But yes, agree that it sucks when the channels run the same content like that.

Reply #197179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foxtel and channel 7 do not get on well, to say the least. EVERY single other FTA network wouldve given us much better coverage and we would've gotten coverage on foxtel.

Reply #197182 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

This will hopefully be the SBS link to TV coverage:

http://linky.com.au/6enxm

Reply #197184 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

You're going to find that apart from Athletics and Swimming; coverage will be limited to only those athletes whom are playing in finals or going for a medal.

It's been the case every year. Boomers and Opals games were shown in highlights until the final 8 when the games are shown in full.

You'll probably find every Opals game will be shown this year as they are more likely than the Boomers to win a medal.

Crying shame. I only watch the olympics for 4 days worth of action, and even then it is just highlights of all the ball games.

Reply #197190 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754