Quagmire
Years ago

No Respect 4 Macca 300

So angry watching the footy show last night. They gave Macca a "cut to commercial" type montage to celebrate his 300th. Crawford they celebrated ten times more. Now i understand that Craw is a show regular, but to not pay more attention to Macca, maybe even get an interview or something is just rude.
He is a better player than Crawford ever was.

Then this morning i see the Today news say-
"a few milestones this round in the AFL, Shane Crawford plays his 300th game, and Joel Bowden plays his 25oth."

Come on.

Not even a frickin mention?!

And Joel "never done nothin" Bowden gets a holler?!!!

If you've seen Macca play the game then i don't need to tell you we are dead set spoiled in Adelaide by his amazing talents- it really bugs me that he is not getting the attention he deserves for this milestone.

Just imagine how different it would be if he played his career at Collingwood or Essendon!

By the way- how the hell is super Carey over-looked again for the SA football hall o fame? Disgraceful.

Topic #16774 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

settle down dude, Macca got a good mention.

Reply #197423 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Its the same as the news in the tiser. Its always gonna more about McLeod than Crawford because more Adelaide will people read it.

They footy show is watched by a lot more Victorians than South Aussies and as you pointed out, Crawford is on there just about every 2nd week.

Think you are getting all worked up over something quite small.

Reply #197427 | Report this post

breaklamp  
Years ago

Are you seriously surprised?? As if the (Victorian) footy show is going to celebrate the 300th game of a guy playing for the crows. I never expected to see any decent tribute from the footy show for Macca.

Reply #197428 | Report this post

conspiracy theory  
Years ago

Lol at Adelaide "fans"...

Reply #197429 | Report this post

pavement  
Years ago

"macca better than crawford ever was"...what? shane is a brownlow medalist and an all australian several times! and as for joel bowden I would say being an all australian and winning your club best and fairest four or five times is not really "never done nothin"

plus your argument is about as good as saying why didnt fitzy interview crawford this morning on NOVA he only talked to and about mcloed!

Reply #197438 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

You must excuse Quagmire's ignorance he usually speaks before he thinks :P

Reply #197441 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

pavement - macca is also a an all australian several time including captain of Australia. My not have a brownlow but was a runner up as well as a Players Association MVP.
He also has 2 things Crawford doesnt have and is unlikely to ever have. 2 Premierships & 2 Norm Smith Medals.

Reply #197442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crawford > McLeod.

Reply #197445 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'd take two BOG's in winning GF's over a Brownlow any day. Loved the Advertiser story today. Huge focus on his Magpie heritage. Had to really piss off some Crows supporters!

Reply #197446 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yes, they quickly forget where he came from thedoctor.

Reply #197464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrrew Mcloed is shitt

overated.

Reply #197469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah McLeod came from Darwin......Haven't forgot!!

Reply #197482 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Crawford > McLeod.....that is the funniest thing i have ever read in my life on these forums ! One is out and out winner, the other is an occasional good player and a media whore poseur. EOA !

Reply #197486 | Report this post

lk  
Years ago

I agree that McLeods 300th was very much overlooked on the footy show last night, although agree that it makes sense Crawf's 300th sparked more media attention given his contribution to the show and as a Victorian AFL player on a Melbourne based show.

However, in regards to the clown who posted "Andrrew Mcloed is shitt overated." I ask what you were doing back on grand final day in 1997 and 1998 or throughout the 2001 home and away season. Andrew Mcleod may not be the player he was, but he certainly reached his peak and topped that mountain that you will never climb. Heck, you can't even spell. An over-rated posting if you ask me.

Reply #197521 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Crawford's tribute on the show was about his contribution to the Footy Show itself, not about his 300th game. It was the biggest tribute given to a player that I can remember on the FS. C'mon guys, don't be so stupid.

As for Macca ..... he should've played for Freo.

Reply #197538 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Who is Macca...

Reply #197639 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

All week here in Adelaide there has been discussions about McLeods 300th in the papers and on the radio. There has been hardly anything about Crawford.

Reply #197640 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754