yep watching it now

Reply #197802 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Aus 'Steaming'??? Very cold from where I can see them.. ;(

Reply #197808 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Feed 2 down for me. Using the last one, but quality is poor and lag is very, very bad.

Reply #197826 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

7 nor SBS - not not showing it??? (i'm in Japan - so pardon my ignorance)... Piss poor if you ask me...

Reply #197827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how do u make the vid full screen on: http://www.stoogetv.com/player.html?

Reply #197830 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hey you guys, are you able to get a feed from this site by just clicking on the Aus v Cro link?

It is not working for me. I don't usually use windows media player tho, so that could be a problem there.

Any advice?

Reply #197833 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Aaah, excellent, Stooge TV is working for me. Must just be too much traffic on the other site and wouldn't letting me join.

Too bad we are getting creamed tho :(

Reply #197834 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Stooge working for me too. Cheers!!

Reply #197838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i cant get feed 2 working but http://www.stoogetv.com/player.html?

is good

Reply #197846 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Anyone who was watching the 2nd quarter, WTF happened?
Why are we getting beat so bad by Croatia?!?!

Reply #197850 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Stooge not working for me using allsportsnation last link in channels running sopcast. choppy but it works.

Reply #197860 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Running in IE tab in firefox

Reply #197861 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Man those Crotians are shooting lights out. Doing a good job of exploiting switches off of screens too.

The Croats seem to be getting away with a few body checks on baseline drives, but overall they are kicking our butts.

We don't seem able to break their defence down often enough to get the good shot. Bogut not doing anything useful either.

Reply #197870 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Looks like Ingles & Redhage should've got on earlier. Way to go Goorj!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #197874 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Saville ????????????????? waste of space!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #197875 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Redhage was a bad choice for the team. Should've taken Jawai instead.

Reply #197891 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nielsen looks like he had an excellent game... sans free throws.

Disappointing to get blown out in a game we needed to win though.

Does anyone know if we mainly played zone or man to man in the first half? I thought the bit of zone we played 2nd half made it too easy for them to move the ball and get good shots. When we played man to man, especially full court, I thought we made their life more difficult.

Reply #197894 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Is Jawai fit now Isaac? I thought he missed out because of his injury?

If we knew he was going to be right by the games, I agree, I would have taken him over Sav or Redhage. He is one of the keys to future success for the Boomers and needs intl experience asap.

Reply #197896 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Jawai missed out because he chose the NBA over the Boomers. I don't think injury played a part at all.

Reply #197905 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Dana, yes Goorj's coaching did play a pretty large factor in the loss. But definitely not because of who he chose to play out there. Ingles and Redhage wouldn't have solved any of our problems.

Croatia were breaking that trap and then the zone so easily it wasn't funny. Had us running run like head-less chooks....

You do have to wonder whether anyone was paying attention in the couple of warm up games we had against them?

BG has to go. Just can't coach at international level.

Reply #197917 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

From the brief snippet of the game that channel 7 deemed we were allowed to watch, it was painfully apparent that the Boomers are not even close to competing at this level. It truly was embarrassing.

Croatia had brilliant ball movement, constantly found the open man, walked through our zone with impunity (usually dishing to the open player) and just WOULD NOT MISS. I can barely remember any shots not going in - truly a sensational shooting performance.

USA better watch out, they could get knocked out in the quarters.

Boomers - will be lucky to get to the quarters.

Reply #197942 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

XY, no doubt the Boomers got their butts whooped last night, but I don't think the signs were as bad as you suggest. I'll give you a few reasons:

1) Croatia is very familiar with the Boomers now and they have obviously made good adjustments to our defence. Not every team will have that advantage.

2) I doubt every team we meet will have as good a shooting night as the Croats did last night. They really were on fire.

3) We certainly were not overmatched physically, and our individual skill level was right there with the Croats. Unlike for the past few years, when we have had a very shallow talent level in our team, we now have a whole raft of guys who are capable of performing well at the Olympics: Bogut, Mills, Barlow, Nielsen, Newley, CJ, Anstey have all shown the ability score and play good defence. Our problem as a team is simply inexperience at the Olympic level.

4) I have actually been impressed with the defensive schemes Goorj has setup in a short time with this team. It is night and day with every other Olympic team I have seen, going right back to 1992. Just the fact that we have the athletes now to play a full court press speaks volumes for how far our athletic ability has come.

So yeah, I'm disappointed we missed our chance to knock off Croatia. It will make finishing 2nd or 3rd in our group more difficult now, but I still believe that if we play to our ability, we will get through to the quarters.

Reply #197980 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's all fair enough, but Croatia is probably our second weakest opponent after Iran and should've been a must-win before our chances become too slim.

Reply #197982 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Beantown, you may be right and Croatia just knew how to kill our defence due to 'familiarity'. Even so, it looked like the under-16's trying to defend the Sixers. They just did what they wanted, when they wanted, when defence is intended to be our strength. Also, whilst no doubt they shot the lights out, in part this was because they were getting wide open looks. I didn't see one contested three go up (on the Boomers defensive end) in the limited minutes of 7's broadcast.

But what is worse, and why I suspect we will not get out of the pool play, our offense was just as poor as any Goorj coached Boomers team has been in the past. Croatia just ran an extended defence to one metre outside the three point line, and we were stuck. The Boomers just ran 20 seconds off the clock passing around the three point line, but never finding a player in even a mildly threatening position. If you don't think the other teams will capitalise on that, you are dreaming.

The game was certainly a huge disappointment given my expectations that the Boomers would be competitive with the top 10 teams in the world this Olympics. If anything, the rest of the world has improved at a pace well beyond Australia.

Reply #197995 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

well, i guess Croatia beating Russia kills the theory of the croats being the second weakest team in the bracket.

Russia havent impressed me at all.

Reply #198405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754