Keefy
Years ago

Sixers 'no' to Hodge

Article in today's Advertiser.

Julius Hodge will not be an Adelaide 36er this season. The club is pursuing an athletic 6-5, 6-6 small forward who can flourish in an up-tempo game.

Ninnis has said the club can't wait any longer in regards to negotiations with Hodge and an announcement on the new import is expected this week.

Also goes onto say that the Tigers might be able to afford to wait that little bit longer to see if Hodge makes the NBA as they have already signed a few big names (Rod Grizzard, Sam McKinnon).

Sorry, no link online as yet.

Topic #16815 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

shame but i guess in reality it was always going to happen. We just dont have the time to be able to wait much longer.

Reply #197943 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

At the end of the day, decisions have to be made; While it's easy to say "they should have just waited a little longer", realistically, I'm glad the staff have actually made a decision when the deadline really arrived.

Hodge is only 25 I believe; if he doesn't get his NBA shot this time around, we could always try for him again next season.

Reply #197947 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Just found this on the Herald Sun site.

Seems that Lampley could be back in the mix, Al Westover has basically said the same thing as Ninnis did about the negotiations with Hodge, I don't think we can wait until Mid-October.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24144852-10914,00.html

Reply #197950 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Do you sign someone now on a performance based contract, and then if Hodge does come into play you can stick with what you got or cut and sign Hodge?

Reply #197953 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

YES

Reply #197956 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't imagine that the Tigers will go for Lampley - they don't sound too enthusiastic in that article and I'm not sure that he fitted in with the team well last season.

Surely PG is a spot that needs attention?

Reply #197958 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

"6-5, 6-6 small forward who can flourish in an up-tempo game"

Carlos Powell is a definite no?

Reply #197968 | Report this post

SDU  
Years ago

wouldnt powell be awesome :-)

Reply #197974 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would Carlos really flourish in an up-tempo game though?

Also, I don't think he'd fit Ninnis' presumed plans of team-oriented play. In that regard, he'd be a bit of a gamble - would his undeniable talent help them overrun the competition, or would they self-destruct?

Reply #197983 | Report this post

poontang  
Years ago

deron washington!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #197997 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

It's a shame we have to miss out on the Hodge, but we can't wait around.

I'd love Carlos Powell he was an excitement machine, but don't see him fitting into the plans of Coach Ninnis.

I look forward to the new dunking import.

Reply #198020 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Link to article is up:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24159289-5006371,00.html

Reply #198030 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754