tmagz03
Years ago

SBS just as bad as Channel 7?

Just looking at the olympic schedule and here are the following games sbs are covering:

Iran vs Russia

Iran vs Lithuania

Spain vs Germany

Lithuania vs Croatia

Iran vs Croatia

Now i don't know about anyone else, but i am bloody furious that i don't get to see Argentina or Greece once but they show (with all do respect) shithouse Iran 3 times, who are arguably the worst team in the olympics. It's time we bug SBS to get some more variety with what teams they will show as this is just crap. It is as if they hand picked the shittest game of the day purposely to annoy us.

everyone who agrees email SBS and let them know.

You would think with todays technology we would get multiple olympic channels to watch whatever we want. when we want. Even if i needed to pay extra i would do it to get some international basketball.

SBS and Channel 7, you are an absoloute joke.

Topic #16838 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Might be scheduling issues or that Seven don't give them the better games? Worth asking them politely if there's a chance of seeing Argentina or Greece. If they were as bad as Seven, they would promise an upcoming game and then barely show anything...

Reply #198138 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

It's a little disappointing that we won't get to see the US play Spain. That would probably be the best pool game for the entire tournament. Especially when we got the entire China game (quite possibly the most overhyped game ever...).

Reply #198141 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

What are you complaining about at least you get to see Russia, Lithuania, Spain, Germany and Croatia. On Seven you the third quarter of a third rate game and then the final result flashed up.

Reply #198152 | Report this post

Ratings  
Years ago

Bball just does NOT rate.

What dont you people understand about that?

If it was rating its baggy shorts off it would be on FTA during the NBL home & away series.

Reply #198161 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Ratings, we understand that it doesn't rate, but that still doesn't explain why they can't use their HD channels to broadcast it, does it ?? That's all we are asking. I, and I'm sure many others do not expect them to cut the swimming, for 'ball. Just want an explanation as to why the extra channels aren't utilized.

Reply #198171 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ratings aren't quite the point here - SBS are showing all these games and the request is simply for more variety in teams.

And the main criticism of Seven is that they constantly implied that the game was coming up and it was barely shown and butchered.

Reply #198174 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

at least SBS shows the whole game! channel 7 should have just givenSBS the rights to televise any games including Boomers and USA. Channel 7 are pricks getting exclusive rigths so that no one else can broadcast games then not even broadcating it themselves .. that's like what ESPN did wiht the NBA Playoffs ..pretty much held everyone hostage in AUS to their programming

Reply #198181 | Report this post

sween  
Years ago

Basketball is at fault:
If each team had 7 players per team playing 7 times 7 minute periods with 7 time outs per game; each player allowed 7 fouls, scooring at a clip of 7 points per bucket, then the Australian commercial network would screen every game 7 times and SBS could screen more female (real as opposed to beach)volleyball (featuring the Polish "Honey's" playing at "Camel Toe" stadium).

Reply #198237 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

The whole approach from Ch 7 is just plain wrong.

They have clearly decided to hold onto everything they think "might" rate and then show it if we are going to win. If we are not looking that good they shelve it.

SBS have been given the stuff they dont want.

The approach should be that between the two they will show all australian performances. Why the hell have I been able to watch two Iranian games thus far and not seen a boomers game?? Are we in Australia or Iran????

Reply #198240 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

go Iran. lol !!! yeah pretty bad. I guess if you like Iranian style basketball you'd be pretty happy

we get to see all other teams besides the ones we want to see - Boomers and USA - cause 7 has a hold of them yet don't show the games. Ah whats the point

Reply #198244 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

At least with SBS I can usually sit there and not get confused to what sport is being played, who is playing, whether its a replay or live, and not have to sit through the exploding commonwealth bank dollarmite box every few minutes..

Reply #198352 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TC, that series of ads is annoying. Makes me want to take my banking away from the CBA!

The anti-US sentiment in the ads probably doesn't help basketball either.

Reply #198356 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:56 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754