thedoctor
Years ago

West Men's Div 3 - Coach Needed

The West Adelaide Div 3 Men's team is in need of a coach.

Last season we won the championship and have retained the majority of the squad, as well as adding some new former ABL/Reserves players.

Unfortunately the senior program at West Adelaide has not been any help, saying it is up to the players to find their own coach.

Interested parties or those with suggestions can email me at:

[email protected]

Also, out of interest sake. How do other clubs traet their lower division senior teams? Would this situation be acceptable at Norwood/Woodville/Forestville or anywhere?

Appreciate feedback and opinion

Topic #1685 | Report this topic

rodman  
Years ago

I know at North we find it hard to get Senior Coaches for Lower grade teams but at this stage we are pretty lucky with the people we have in place there Good Luck with your search

Reply #19135 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

it seems clubs are scrapping for coaches lately,if the coach knows how to bounce a basketball they get the job.

Reply #19136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No disrespect but its div 3. Why should it be your clubs responsibility to find a coach? Your part of the club so what is wrong with getting one yourself. Coaching Div 3 Men isnt exactly a sort after role.

Reply #19141 | Report this post

Brad Goodman  
Years ago

I don't think that it is a reflection on west. I think that they would be making sure that all of their junior positions are filled before worrying about div3 men.

Not to say that you guys aren't important, it's just more of a necessity to fill the junior ranks before div3 men and below.

Besides you guys are more that capable of doing it yourselves, you've got previous coaching experience in Philp & yourself!!!

Reply #19142 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

you should have no problem - that was / is an awesome team - and will probably go close to winning again

Reply #19166 | Report this post

kirk heinrich  
Years ago

yeah good call cheezeburger......not

Reply #19197 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

My point is that at the moment the team doesn't really feel part of the club. Of course I'm not saying we need/deserve as much attention from the club as div 1 or juniors. They should always be priority.

The point is, the club has not even attempted to assist our search.

In the last 10 years, the team has won 4 championships, found independent sponsors and always supported the club through coaching juniors, attending functions and ABL games.

Many of our players have been with the club for a long time (I'm in my 16th year) on put in a lot of effort over the years.

The 'it's only Div 3' attitude is bullshit. Thats the reason why West has gone to shit recently both in juniors and seniors. A club is a club. If anyone has ever had anything to do with Adelaide Uni Football Club you would know what I mean. Each team, no matter what the division, is seen as important. That club is thriving, both socially and on the field. A little effort from the club would be repaid two and threefold in sponsorships etc. Many of the div 3 guys are a little older and in a position professionally to attratct sponsors to the club. Its a shame no one sees the potential.

We will do OK coaching ourselves, but last year a big reason why we were so successful was beacause of our coach, Shane Kaesler. He was old school West. Tough, defensive orientated and highly motivated. It will be hard to replace him. His defensive mindset saw us finish the season over 300 points better defensively than any onther team.

Anyway, thanks for supportive posts. Anyone playing Div 3, see you in a couple of weeks!

Reply #19205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754