Tyler
Years ago

Lebron & the Cavs

On the NBA website today it mentioned the Cavs are looking for a shooting guard, perhaps Ray Allen (who becomes a free agent at the end of the season) or Michael Redd. Not that I want to compare Jordan to Lebron, but even MJ needed support (Scottie/Grant etc).

Therefore, what does LeBron need to win a championship? Will a shooting guard help take the Cavs deep into the playoffs or does Lebron need more time in the League?

Topic #1687 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

If I was the GM I wouldn't sign Allen for the following reasons.

1) He wants a max contract. Don't get me wrong, the boy is a player and should be a max. I just wouldn't pay it knowing he won't be the 'go to guy' on my squad. LeBron has that mantle.

2) Would there be enough shots during a game to keep both lads happy????

3) I would be looking for a S/G that is a 3 point shooter (Richardson from the Suns springs to mind) or a S/G that plays tough 'D' that doesn't cost the world (Doug Christie type of play). The cavs will never have a problem with scoring. All they need is 10-15 ppt from that position.

4) They need to resign 'Z' as he becomes a free agent, and there other two centres are Tractor and Diop (trade both of them if possible!!!!)

5) The support is already in place, they are winning games, add a decent mid level free agent or two, and give it some time. He's still only a kid.......

Reply #19130 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

nah the cavs need a post player to win the ship.they have a good centre and point player.a pf is there missing piece of the puzzle than the cavs n bron needs.they dont need allen.

Reply #19139 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

they already have drew gooden at pf. they alredy have a fairly strong starting 5 with the exception of ira newble at sg so yes they do need a new sg. but someone that knows what there role is and not ry to take over lebron like ray allen or someone like tht would

Reply #19150 | Report this post

Jimmy  
Years ago

they need to get rid of j-mac and sign redd i reckon as he is a better fit than allen. Z will hopefully sign for a less than max contract but signing redd will force them to lose j-mac which they will be happy with. go to www.realcavsfans.ne1.net for all the cavs talk. bron is the man for the cavs to win a championship but he needs help.

Reply #19152 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I think Micheal Redd would work really well in the Cavs system, and he has expressed an interest to play with LeBron. If the Cavs get Redd I think it would put them right up there with the elite in the East. The Central division would be very tough with the Pacers and Pistons being joined by the Cavs and possibly the Bulls as solid improvers.

Reply #19222 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

redd is a pure scorer and his numbers wont be as good when he goes to a team already with a few descent scorers

Reply #19227 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

michael redd is a no name.hes only slightly known cause hes in a team with all hacks.they dont nead redd or allen mr.clutch.

Reply #19232 | Report this post

feather  
Years ago

you'd know all about being clutch wouldnt u cheezeburger...after all, you think the centre is the most important player...and would like rees to have the ball in the dying seconds, more so than maher. good call...

Reply #19240 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

when did i say i want rees to shoot the ball i just said his 5 foot j is safer then a 20 foot 3 pointer.

Reply #19246 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Spoken like a man who can't shoot!

Reply #19276 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Redd would be much better, Allen would no doubt want to be 'the man' in cleveland and LJ just needs a talented second player who can chip in 15-17 and know he is second fiddle

Reply #19298 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the doctor i dont know what u know about how to shoot.your shooting training is teaching players how to throw eggs.

Reply #19308 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

mcinnis is doing a fair job atm. but another big ish name at the cavs would halp them get to the playoffs

Reply #19324 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

who cares about names get someone who playes good d and isnt selfish

Reply #19513 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Cheezeburger! A man with inside knowledge! I like it.

That night the boys had a field goal% of 76%, all long range.

Its a credit to my trainings, but very stupid.

Reply #19514 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754