Anonymous
Years ago

Best Sixers Offseason Recruiting Ever?

Is this the best ever offeason recruiting wise for the Sixers? I've been absolutely amazed at the amount of talent the Sixers have picked up. This season alone we have added:

Holmes
Hill
Kersten
Tyndale
Bruce
Schensher
Winitana

Absolutely staggering. It's going to make the most anticipated Sixers season for me personally that's for sure. Is it the best off-season recruiting wise the Sixers have ever had?

Topic #16895 | Report this topic

BFresh  
Years ago

In anticipation of the next season it certainly looks far more promising than the past few years. To get a definite answer to this I guess whether or not we finish near the pointy end of the ladder will be the recruiting report card.

Reply #198945 | Report this post

sun devil  
Years ago

What is so impressive about getting these guys.

Holmes
Hill
Kersten
Tyndale
Bruce
Schensher
Winitana

Holmes is just a solid play will get 14 and 8 a game, Hill has done nothing for 3 years and is too slow, Kersten is a 10th man, Tyndale no one knows, Bruce could be good or could be a real knob and just play for himself thus wrecking team chemistry, Big Luke who knows and Winitana, are you serious thinking this is a great pickup.

The tigers pick up Sammy Mac and Grizzard and the Dragons pick up Wortho and a bunch of players and you think we have done well. Your a goose and should be banned from writing anything about basketball ever again.

If we finish in the top 6 it will be a miracle

Reply #199033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL! LOL! LOL!

I just wet myself laughing reading that! Thanks sun devil, you've made my day.

Reply #199039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sun devil, mate, you can't be serious about anything you just said. Those comments are just ridiculous.

Holmes - Proven NBL player
Hill - We'll see
Kersten - We'll see
Tyndale - Proven college star
Bruce - Like every rookie, will have to prove himself in the NBL, but is one of Australia brightest young prospects. PLayed for Aus in 06.
Schensher - Proven player. Played 31 games in NBA.
Winitana - Super defensive, energy, hustle guy. Exactly what we need.

Reply #199047 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Way off the mark Sun Devil. Go and have a look at them train and then comment

Reply #199053 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

'85 was ok

Al Green
Mark Davis
Bill Jones
Mike Mckay
Ray Wood
Peter Ali
David Spear

'98 was alright

Mee
Brooks
Rees
Sapwell

Reply #199067 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Nutwork, Sapwell was here for '97.

Sun Devil you are WAY OFF.

Reply #199077 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

We have recruited well on paper, but like Sun Devil mentioned other teams have recruited just as well if not better.

Dragons
Worthington (mvp running, better than holmes)
Ebi (proven star! different position but have to but him down against schens for the purpose of this exercise)
Gibson (personally would prefer him over Bruce for the now, but Bruce for the future so happy with the Bruce signing)
Rhys Carter (Hill)
Mika Vukona (wintana)

I'm excited and happy with the recruiting the sixers have done but top 6 is probably were we are at.

Reply #199079 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Correct Mutley, swap Sapwell for the powerhouse that was Dean Brogan.

Reply #199083 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

It has been great recruiting . Yes Tigers and Goorg have spent big bucks to get big names . there is still some question marks on some plyrs impact but have real depth and flexibility. We might not be top 2 but we will be a lot more competitive than last few years and setting ourselves up for next few years .
We have something to be positive about lets not be negative about everything about NBL. Lets make some noise again at our matches that Julius reminded us we could do in last few games last year

Reply #199090 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

Lets hope they all Gel.

Reply #199150 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:28 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754