Anonymous
Years ago

If Norwood don't win?

Just read the article on this weekend's men's grand final. The feeling seems to be that this is Forestville's title.

So if Norwood do not win, what will that mean for the team in red and blue?

A few Norwood players have been vocal in saying if changes dont occur they will be hanging up the boots but i think its probably more talk than action. For me if they dont get over the line what else could this club do to get the title?

They have one of the best lists in the comp, so im not sure where they need to improve in personal?

Having said all of this i actually think the flames will get the Win saturday night but if they dont we could see Norwood fall back down the bottom pretty quickly

Topic #16915 | Report this topic

Pink Floyd  
Years ago

Another question should be - what will BSA do about the salary cap? There are some pretty strong rumours surrounding the Eagles.

Reply #199225 | Report this post

iii  
Years ago

Pink, something was done and a fall guy took the fall.

Reply #199226 | Report this post

_  
Years ago

And yet they still get to compete for the Grand Final... should have had all points taken away!

Reply #199227 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Forestville going over the salary cap???? Nooooo....

Reply #199232 | Report this post

anonnymouse  
Years ago

(Mod: Speculative sniping.)

Reply #199245 | Report this post

sween  
Years ago

Norwood win games because they have height, muscle, and pace equaling intimidation.

Eagles match up easily here. They're unlikely to be drawn in when Krause decides that he wants to foul; they probably see a positive in it. They have the Webber "torment" covered as witnessed in the 2nd semi:-

Sullivan subs in for his first minutes, with Webber controlling the ball, Sullivan just clean barrels him. No in your face, no whoops sorry, didn't glance back, just took the foul.

The message was pretty clear ... We're going to get down and get physical, we are'nt going to warn you in any way shape or form. We dont care if you fight back.

To improve on the second semi effort, the flames will have concentate more on high percentage offence a little more and less looking at who might be coming at them. Sappa is in control of that challenge.

Reply #199271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to the original post, some will hang their boots up. I think this will happen whether they win or lose, unless changes are made. I would say all apart from a small handful are unhappy with what is going on at the flames, so dont be surprised if there are a lot of players that dont continue on at norwood next season. If changes are made, they will probably stay. But lets not worry about that until after this weekend. Just go out there and win flames.

Reply #199356 | Report this post

Team Player  
Years ago

Norwood just need to be more consistant. Some of their players have the real ability to go missing when their team needs them. However Norwood have a huge advantage in that the Eagles have only played 1 game in the past few weeks while Norwood have played straight through finals without a break.
Having a week off ( which ends up 2 weeks )is a hinderence to a teams momentum.

Reply #199415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:11 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754