tiger
Years ago

Norwood are Mens Champs

Just followed the Grand Final on Live stats! Did I read right, have the Flames won on the last basket of the night, courtesy of a Andrew Webber 3 pointer? is this the same WEbber whothreee weeks people said should have been suspended?

Topic #16938 | Report this topic

_  
Years ago

no justice in the sport if true, its a disgrace!

Reply #199545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard it was a throw from the half court line.

Reply #199546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea, webber hit it from just inside half court on the buzzer to win by 1

Reply #199548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, it was a throw (off balance) from the half way line (in the corner opposite the scorer's table). Buzzer goes off. Ball goes in. Norwood win by a point. Unbelievable.

Reply #199549 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

wow these finals series have had some amazing finishes! Wish I got to see that!

Reply #199550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some disgusting behaviour from some norwood supporters after

Reply #199551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really really wish I went now

Reply #199556 | Report this post

Angier  
Years ago

What did they do?

Reply #199557 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

gee there is a shock?!?

Reply #199559 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Norwood took possession of the ball being 2 points down and 3.5 secs left on the clock. What an amazing finish. It was worth watching just to see Rupert jump off his seat, screaming and shouting and waving his arms in the air like a mad woman as he ran towards Webber on court. You could say Norwood deserved the win more because they had the lead for more than 3/4 of the game and looked the superior team. In the last quarter Forestville fought back to take the lead. When it counted the most, Forestville picked up their game whilst Norwood lost confidence and looked lost. The last few minutes of the game you could have bet your house on Forestville winning. Luck played a big part in this game but at the same time Norwood worked their butts off throughout most of the game.

Reply #199567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

disgusting behaviour? u mean going nuts at a half court shot to win the grand final.... yeah they definitely should have kept quiet.... sour grapes perhaps?

Reply #199568 | Report this post

B/Ball Supporter  
Years ago

Perhaps the basketball gods have spoken if Forestville have indeed broken the salary cap they have received their just deserts

Reply #199582 | Report this post

Big Baller  
Years ago

all that happened was a bunch of KIDS ran on court and celebrated with the boys it wasnt disgusting dangerous maybe but it was just pure emotion

AWSOME bucket!!! best shot ive ever seen in person

Reply #199589 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

I'm willing to lay a bet that that will probably be the best game I will see in 08/09, better than any of the games that I expect I will see in the NBL and NBA finals series (or regular season for that matter). Congratulations Norwood. Well deserved.

Reply #199594 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Congratulations to Norwood but don't be casting aspersions about the supposed salary cap......

Reply #199598 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

Is there any video footage from it someone can upload?

Reply #199606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stuff it, upload the entire game. It was brilliant!!

Reply #199619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As an avid Eagles person, the better team won the game. Eagles were woeful in the first half!

Reply #199713 | Report this post

i have footage in mp4 format, need instructions on how to post it! HELP!!!

Reply #199715 | Report this post

foxy22  
Years ago

Just saw the final seconds on ABC news.
WOW! A family member tells me it was the best game *EVA*! and the crowd went wild at the end! Commiserations to Eagles. And Congrats to Norwood!
This is why we love our game!

Reply #199752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there anywhere i can watch the video online?

Reply #199774 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Saw that on ABC1 news. Incredible, from about half way.

Reply #199775 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754