Quagmire
Years ago

Who does Gordon think he is?

Gordon won't play again for Chicago- feels he has been disrespected by low ball offers. Quoted as expecting to be paid the most because he is the highest scorer? (18+ppg)

Wow.

He turned down 5 ys at 50 mil last year...

Who does this guy think he is!!!???

Isn't he just a low %, too small, shooting guard that would be best suited to coming off the bench like he did his rookie year?

Topic #16965 | Report this topic

speedy  
Years ago

inflated sense of ego. most NBA guys are totally overpaid if not overrated ! .. it's ridicleous what some of these guys are getting away with

Reply #199803 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Could we see him head to Europe a-la Childress?

Reply #199804 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Isn't he already European in the first place? Regardless... what a tool.

Reply #199816 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Quagmire please state the facts! He has been offered $6.4 million for 1 year! So he should be understandably upset about that! They offered Luol Deng 6 years for $13+ Million a season and the value he adds to the team is only just slightly better then Gordon. If he was offered $50 million for 5 seasons earlier he should have taken that as that is probably his worth. However, this new offer is a kick in the face for him.

Gordon is a very under rated player and would start on most teams. I'm not sure why he doesn't start for the Bulls, maybe they feel he plays more better when he comes off the bench. Needs to work on getting more rebounds and assist and then he will be an All-Star. Similar to Monta Ellis. He has a low field goal percentage but he shoots at 41% from 3pt range and shoots foul shots at 90%. The team needs players that can score and Gordon offers them this. Not sure who Rose is going to pass to for the open 3 if there is no Gordon there!

Reply #199819 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

But can a team really hope to get far in the finals with a player of his height at the 2?

He def has a place in the league- as a combo gunner off the bench, or a starter on a team that has a pg that can defend the opposition sg. Like what Philli had going with snow and A.I.

When a player is either bench, or team specific, it has to hurt their value and limits their salary options.

50 mil for 5 years, i reckon he is under that.

As for Deng, he had an outstanding play-off series and cashed in right on time.

Reply #199830 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

He's nothing more than a Jamal Crawford clone. He puts up nice numbers but in no way is he a guy who will make your team measurably better - Deng is that guy (and he has way more upside than Ben). Gordon dug his own hole (if the stories about the 50m/5y offer are true) - he can climb out of it. Decent player but he suffers from being another one-dimesional tweener.

If he thinks he's worth more - sign the 6m/1y and prove it!!! Clearly its easily done according to him.

(Or he can go and play in "Old Blighty" - i hear a slot has opened up in the BBL due to the untimely demise of one S. Leven - another one who (by all accounts) feels he doesn't get the love and/or respect he feels he deserves).

Reply #199833 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Spot on Johnny Sack , nice work .

Reply #199836 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Dwayne wade is only 6'4. He seemed to do alright in the NBA playoffs! Anyway he is not a super star, so the team would require better players for the team to go further in the playoffs!

Deng had an outstanding playoff series?? Errr not sure what playoff's you're talking about but they didn't make it this season! However, the season before he had a good (not outstanding) playoff series as did Gordon! The result is one gets $13+ million for 6 seasons the other gets $6.4 million for 1 season.

Gordon is better off to go to another team but Bulls will struggle without him!

Reply #199841 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

It seems that for most of these guys the yardstick for evaluating your self worth as a player is having a bigger contract than the next guy (what ever happened to beating the guy on the court???) - It started with guys like Pipp and Kemp hissyfitting - then Juwan Howard signed his amazing contract (105m/7y ??????????????????????????????????????? - for Juwan Howard all 18pts/8reb of him???)... and all bets have been off. In spite of the CBA and lockout and threats thereof - it's just become an endless spiral contact-wise... Hence GM's have become the real powerbrokers in the game....

And now this ###t is in Australia - sure Sonny Bill, guys in the AFL get paid way more than you, but that's because AFL is a financially viable sporting code with a nationwide viewership... League is not...

Reply #199849 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Deng makes them measurably better".. How so? Deng is meant to be the star of the team and gets 17ppg and 6rpg which is a weak performance for the apparent star! Gordon is very under rated and if he played 40 minutes a game would show he is not one dimensional as he did in the playoffs with 20PPG, 4RPG and 4apg.

Deng very over rated!
Gordon very under rated!

Bulls have some good trade bait. I would trade Hinrich and Noah for a good center and an average point guard.

That would give them the following team

Starters:
Rose
Gordon
Deng
Gooden
New Center - (Horford maybe)

Decent Bench players:
Thomas
Nocioni
Hughes (if his not too busy doing Nelly Videos)
New Guard

That is a good young team, with some bench depth and a team with a Bright future.

Reply #199856 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

You mean Tito Horford (Al's dad) right? Cause there is no way that Atl let Al Horford go. In spite of his height Horford is set to be an upper echelon C for the rest of his career - might not be all that athletic, but is strong, knows how to play the game (and win at it), and (unlike son of Yannick) no gears loose up top, and will only get better.

I can see someone taking the bait for Hinrich (good player bad contract) and Noah (might be swiftly eroding his trade value with his petulance) but you are not going to get anything overly better in exchange. They are better off standing pat. The Bulls have a decent squad (but really only 6-7 deep - beyond Nocioni and Hughes there's not a lot there - including Tyrus...) - i think Skiles' coaching philosphy stopped getting through to the players. Is Vinny the guy to coach this team? Doubt it - but it's his first gig so who knows?

I see the Bulls as looking a lot like my team, the T-Wolves over the last 2-3 years - some talent but just not able to make it work... so they compound things by making some (pretty) panicked trades for players and contracts that will hamstring the franchise for some time (regardless of how things work out on the court)... Minny are have only just recently cleared the decks of all the ###p that was resident on their roster (excluding Mark Madsen and Cardinal)...

Maybe that is the route that Chicago might have to take if Vinny can't cut it...

Reply #199872 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

wow, I love peeps who see 5 bulls games a year talk up Cancer Ben.
A 6 1" SG with no handle, a penchant for running into double teams on the wing, hates traffic, throws up a mandatory 5 tear drops a game, has no lateral movement, is allergic to defense....but hey, he can shoot the 3 ball.
Turns down 5 for 50 last year (FACT). Reportedly turns down 6 for 59 (espn). Has stated on record he SHOULD BE THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER ON THE TEAM BECAUSE HE IS THE HIGHEST SCORER.

The only thing Im filthy about, is that by Cancer Ben stating publicly he will not play for the bulls again, he has eroded any perceivable value he may have had. And the cupboard is getting bare on who to package with him to get someone of size with any value.
PS, note to Cancer Ben, Josh got the money that you thought was beneath you......I know who Id rather have.
PPS - since Josh and Ben both have fallen out of love with their current teams...why dont they just swap them straight up. Bulls still have no offense in the paint, but hey, they would be fun to watch.

Reply #200062 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

Cant resist to add Im disappointed he didnt use the often quoted
"I need to feed my family".

Reply #200064 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Yeah but the family only eats after Ego has finished his seconds .

Reply #200075 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

not bad

Reply #200296 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

GorDON thinks his JorDON !!

Reply #200442 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754