SVD
Years ago

NH: Gun Pulled At Local Soccer Game

Just reading on a local soccer website.

Last weekend, at a game between the Adelaide Tigers and R/B Eagles a fan pulled a gun (which later turned out to be a replica) out at a Div 3 Reserves SA Amatuer Soccer League game after a scuffle broke out on the field.

Read it here on the Soccer version of Hoops SA - Football News (sorry linky not working).

http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27996

Amazing if true that this has been kept it of the media. The forum appears to be the only place that it has been reported.

Imagine if this happened at a basketball game.

Topic #16997 | Report this topic

Triad  
Years ago

I was at a social basketball game once (about 6 yrs ago) and a bunch of guys got into an argument with the other team. They ran out to their cars and came back with knives, chains and baseball bats. Things got ugly and police were called. There were no guns though other than the ones the cops were carrying.

Reply #200197 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

And the ones hanging out the sides of my singlet.

BANG!

Reply #200199 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

DICKO, you call fanta coloured chest hair guns??

Strange....

Reply #200214 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

I was playing at Elizabeth on a Friday night about 6 or 7 years ago now and some old dude got the living shit kicked out of him. Some group of randoms just turned up and beat the living shit out of him becasue his kid was a smart arse. Don't think any guns were pulled but this dide has some serious injuries.

Reply #200238 | Report this post

Skink  
Years ago

Friday night games against centrals years ago,1 team members car got broken into or tyres slashed every trip there. I heard that they are trying to ban that eagles club "again" from the soccer league.Its teams and clubs like that put a bad rep on there sport.

Reply #200262 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Triad, so you played at the Pines Rec Centre?????

Reply #200273 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

SVD, I played against Tigers a little while back and they were pretty chilled!! (well they did beat us 0-4). I was playing in a higher team for the return fixture so I can't comment on how they've been recently. They've obviously gone very downhill since.

That news has made it to quite a few local forums. Evryone has expressed surprise that the Advertiser hasn't put it on page one.

Reply #200279 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

The Advertiser love anything that can headlline "Soccer Violence" - I'm really surprised they haven't written anything.

They obvioulsy don't trawl the sporting of forums of Adelaide looking for stories

Reply #200420 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

My club played the Tigers in a cup tie a few weeks ago. There were a few little incidents on the pitch also they were threatening to retrieve 'tools' from their van the entire game. There was a brawl at the end of the game but no guns! The team is most probably going to be kicked out the league. It is a disgrace and unfortunate that some of these teams choose to act like this. It is only a minority and seems to be alot of the ethnic teams that cause the problem. Most are fine but there is always something on that particular forum about either Bosna, Croatia or Adelaide Tigers!!!

I hope you dont all make the assumption that the league is terrible because in most cases teams get along fine after the game and are good for a few bevvies!

Reply #200520 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:45 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754