thedoctor
Years ago

Articles in The Australian today

I haven't been able to find the articles on-line, but there are two articles that will interest hoopsters in the Australian today.

1. - More love shown by the US players and coaching staff to Patty Mills. Apparently the whole team sought him out for praise after the last game with Kobe having words to the effect of "Well done, good luck in your bright future." - maybe Kobe is maturing? LeBron would never have said that to a defeated opponent!

Chris Paul acknowledged that Mills is quicker than him!

Coach K couldn't overstate how impressed he was and said "I'm glad Duke aren't playing St Mary's this year - he's good."

2. - Paul Roos wrote about Olympians in the AFL. Basically said Bolt would destroy Buddy Franklin and that no one would be able to stop LeBron as a forward or Patty Mills as a midfielder. Revealed that a few years ago the Swans invited Mills to train with them and see how good he could be as a footballr. Aren't we glad he turned that offer down!

LeBron for centre half forward for the Power in 2010 when his contract runs out. We can't match the cash, but we can offer him a brown Kingswood with minimal rust, a book of 2 for 1 schnitzels at the Port Club and $3 worth of pokie credit with every meal purchased.

Topic #17051 | Report this topic

speedy  
Years ago

well it's too bad arrogant pr**** like LeBron spoil it for the rest of the US team. other then that guys like Kobe, Kidd, Deron and CP play hard and with some dignity .. I guess there has to be 1 or 2 in each team

Reply #201030 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

I have not seen the first article in the Australian, but it sounds similar to the article in the Advertiser today.

Reply #201032 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Reply #201104 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

thedoctor..think you're getting a little carried away, 2 for 1 schnitzels AND $3 pokie credit...hes not Michael Jordan you know :() hehe

Reply #201140 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sweeten the deal with reduced rent on an Outer Harbour maisonette!

Reply #201143 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:30 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754