Big Ads
Years ago

Predictions for Olympic All 1st, 2nd & 3rd Teams

While watching a reply of the Greece v Argentina game I wondered if there will be an all 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams selected at the Beijing Olympics. I thought it would make an interesting thread for the weekend.

1st Team (By positions)
PG: Spanoulis (Gre)
SG: Ginobili (Arg)
SF: James (USA)
PF: Scola (Arg)
Cen:Gasol (Esp)

2nd Team
PG: Holden (Rus)
SG: Wade (USA)
SF:Kleiza (Lit)
PF: Nowitzki (Ger)
Cen:Ming (Chn)

3rd Team
PG: Mills (Aus)
SG: Bryant (USA)
SF: Nocioni (Arg)
PF: Kirilenko (Rus)
Cen: Bogut (Aus)

Honorable Mentions: Jasikevicius (Lit), Delfino (Arg), Newley (Aus), Reyes (Esp) and Howard (USA)

Anybody care to come up with different line ups?

Topic #17067 | Report this topic

WAT!  
Years ago

Bogut pfffft be realistic he played 1 good game...

Reply #201165 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

With the exceptions of Ming and Gasol, it wasn't a great tournament from the centres. The only players that might bump Bogut from the 3rd team centre spot would be Howard (USA) or possibly Bourousis (Gre).

All the good centres where in Pool B so I accept that patriotism skewed my selection. On reflection I would slide Howard into the 3rd team.

Reply #201171 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

would hav had bryant well above 3rd team.

Reply #201180 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Big Ads, I like your picks. Glad to see you left out Carmelo. I mean he is scoring his points. Had 21 against Argentina. But he takes aot of shots, and generally doesn't shoot a healthy %. Against Argentina he went 3/14 from FG.
I would switch Kobe with Wade. Kobe deserves to make 2nd team, because of his defensive abilities as well as his offensive abilities.
Mills defitenly deserves to make 3rd team. The kid is a gun. Was Aussies best player by a country mile.
Talking of the Aussies..What happened to David Barlow?
He was touted as a real key to Aussies success, but he didn't do anything in the Olympics. Hint of maybe an injury or something(sickness)???

Reply #201190 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Barlow suffers from a rare and unsual disease. It only affects 12 guys every year, although some can keep it for a number of consecutive years. The worst sufferer probably suffers more due to his almost 7 foot frame.

There was a couple of guys who had it, but like melanoma, we believe that their darker pigmented skin had a natural barrier to the damage caused. Known as the DMacThomas phenomenon, Dr Shame McCheat tries against all odds to draw a cure from the African american carriers with little success. It cotinues to strike down Australian born members of his tribe.

He had one serious failure last season, when trying to draw the cure from an African American visitor, Shorn Limply, accidentally inflicted him with the full force of the condition. This caused continuous episodes of "Brain Fart" and inexplicable desires to look at oneself in the mirror. Spontaneous episodes of muscle flexing were also involved.

For some strange reason, it only hits the sufferers during September to April except during their bi-annual plumage change, where for 2 weeks every two years, their outer colours change from their standard yellow and red. The yellow takes on a Golden hue, whilst the red changes completely to green.

The condition is known as Tiger heart.

Reply #201235 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Interesting to note that the 3 PG's selected were all from teams that didnt make the final 4.

Ehadadi could be in the third team.

CJ bruton had the best assiat-to-turnover ratio at 4.5 assists to every turnover (4.5 : 1)

Reply #201243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles , who counts turnovers anymore

Reply #201244 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754