Anonymous
Years ago

Terrible Local Support - Norwood v Sandringham

Would've been nice to see some more SA basketball lovers at the Norwood v Sandringham game last night. There would have been barely 100 people there last night. We can't expect things to get better locally or Australia wide on the basketball scene if no one is going to make an effort. Norwood was representing SA basketball last night and the crowd pretty much consisted of friends and family. It was a disgrace! Even if you're not a Norwood person you should have been there to support SA basketball. If we can't even do that we may as well kiss the sport goodbye!

Topic #17085 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, like how much publicity and marketing was done by the Club and BSA for the game to ALL clubs etc etc??

Reply #201374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wuda gone to watch but had no idea it was on

Reply #201376 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

If I attended, I would have been barracking for Sandringham, but that wouldn't have looked good, so I thought 'why bother?'

Reply #201377 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What was the result. I have been looking since Sunday morning but can't see anything.

Reply #201381 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

If there is no advertising for the game how are people to know???

Reply #201383 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Friends played in the SA Church league at Mars that afternoon and even they weren't aware about it - despite it being played just hours later at the same venue. Marketing?

Besides, we all thought the Opals were playing the USA the same night. How were we to know it wouldn't be on TV until 11.30pm? Reminds me of the Closing Ceremony last night. If Johanna Griggs tells me it'll be on "soon" one more time .....

Reply #201384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This game was at Mars?

Reply #201391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In SA we don't get the big picture. SA basketball (CABL) is actually part of a national competition and the grand final is really the one at the top of the tree that all teams should be aspiring to - the Australian National Championships of the ABL. Once we have a CABL conference winner, we think it is all done and dusted.

Reply #201392 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I might have gone also if I knew it was on. Who won in the end?

Reply #201397 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sandringham

Reply #201399 | Report this post

SabreToothTiger  
Years ago

Sandringham didn't just win, they thrashed Norwood!

Reply #201403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll repeat, where was the game played?

Reply #201406 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

You could've also seen former NBA player Sedale Threatt! Looked like he did OK - 14 assists! Anyone who went care to fill us in on how he went and the battle with Todd Matthews? How about Simon Conn - who is he? He had some impressive numbers.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=104052806&c=1-5934-0-75685-0&pool=1

Reply #201413 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

Its not former NBA player Sedale Threatt that played at all -it was his son Sedale Threatt Jnr. He never looked like making the NBA and hence he has been playing in Victoria for some years now at a number of clubs in the Big V comp.
Simon Conn has been dominating the Big V competition for quite a few seasons now. Sandringham are a very good team, and they managed to get over Dandenong who have quite a few guns too (including Brent Hobba - Sth Dragons).
Game was at MARS.

Reply #201416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matthews did quite well against Threat. Burned him to the hoop at ease (I think every single time he wanted to)! Threat looked like he couldn't shoot the side of a barn, but was an awesome passer. he seemed to claim an injury twice in the game... once after Todd scored on him again and another after he had the ball stolen from him. Read into that what you will!

Norwood were down plenty at the half, but had shot about 25 percent from the floor. When they started to hit some shots they got it back to near single digits, but Sandringham's inside play was way too good and Norwood could't stop their big fellas.

Decent game to watch however.

Reply #201426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where was all the norwood supporters. shouldnt you try to get your own club to support you before you get people from other clubs to.

Reply #201504 | Report this post

Years ago

"Advertising and Promotion"
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Reply #201508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers should swap David Cooper for Simon whatsisname from Sandringham

Reply #201601 | Report this post

Too hard  
Years ago

You dont think Boti would plug is surely.........

Reply #201612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the game was at Mars and I had no idea...there you go, great work advertising Norwood.

Reply #201642 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

totally agree - how meant to know if not advertised /promoted

typical - no promotion - who is responsible ????

Reply #202038 | Report this post

LimitedAbility  
Years ago

The game may as well have been played on Mars...nobody knew about it!

Reply #202043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a defense for Sedale...he was suffering from mild concussion that time when he played against Norwood!

Reply #206490 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754