Court Marshall
Years ago

Basketball vs Cricket Jan 26

Would we expect to see a drop in the number of people at the game because of the day-nighter?

Or because it is a public holiday, will that increase it? Heard on the radio they are expecting 30,000 at Adelaide oval, surely some of them would be basketball fans too?

Topic #1709 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The cricket will no doubt have an impact. As for the public holiday, it could go either way -- more people free to attend the game, but a good number with other things to do (BBQs, a day at Victor, etc).

Reply #19374 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

JJJ Hottest 100 countdown bbqs also will affect the numbers.

Tip off should be normal time so people can get to the game plus enjoy the public holiday out doors.

Reply #19376 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

A Perfect day Go to the Basketball then slip into the Oval for the night session.

What more could one ask for a holiday.

Reply #19381 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Advertiser is saying today that cricket has been sold out for yonks....extra 900 seats just been snapped up to, making it potentially rival the biggest attendance ever at an Adelaide ODI.

Smallest crowd of 36ers season?

Reply #19385 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

I have a season ticket and I'm not going to the 36ers match instead of the cricket. It's a big match. Cricket of this standard is in Adelaide once a year. Any cricket fan would go to the match instead of the basketball.

Reply #19437 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

The 36ers also play a home game three days later which also might affect the attendance (of both games).

Reply #19438 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

Personally im going to the cricket. Its more than a game, its a spectacle, and im going to get written off, act like a drunken clown and enjoy a top quality day. No offence to thew 6ers, I love their games, but as fly said, criocket is once a year, 6ers 10+

Reply #19453 | Report this post

bournie  
Years ago

Yeah I think th cricket will kill the game, but I suggest this all of you season ticket holders give your tickets to a mate who isnt going to the cricket, use this as an opportunity to hook your friends into the hoops...

Reply #19493 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Why schedule a game on this day when you know the single biggest social event of the year during Summer in Adelaide is held on the same day every year?

Reply #19498 | Report this post

sc  
Years ago

The game against Wollongong on Sat 29th Jan also clashes with the Skyshow.

At least its not a sports event but may well keep some people with families away from the game.

Reply #19545 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754