poku
Years ago

Tom Maher for Boomers job

With the Boomers going home without a medal, it is now
time for BA to hire former Opals coach Tom Maher as the mens head coach.Not only has he won silver and bronze medals, but he has great game plans, player selections and motivational skills.Tom Mahers contract
with China ended 2 days ago and the Boomers need to sign him up asap.I for one will email BA to hire this great coach. [email protected]

Topic #17093 | Report this topic

ANON12  
Years ago

poku. Is that you Tom? If it isn't Tom then you have NO idea of coaching at an elite level. Tom Maher has been successful coaching WOMEN not MEN (if he has ever coached men at a senior level). There is a big difference. IMO Tom Maher would have little if any credibility with Boomers players.

Reply #201452 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

poku. Sorry, with a name like poku is that you Robyn??????

Reply #201455 | Report this post

Tom Maher coached The Tassie Devils in the NBL......but was sacked, he stank and was put into the Derwin River, Scott.

Players who have played for him do not rate him.

Reply #201463 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I agree with ANON12 he hasn't proved him self in the Mens game, so it is very much out of the question. Also I'm sure he would prefer to stay coach of the Chinese national team as I'm sure they are paying him good money.

Reply #201465 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

The thing is the smart coaches learn more from the mistakes they make and adjust accordingly. I'll use one ex Sixers coach as an example of a coach who had success early, zero learning curve, got lazy and deterioated into oblivion. Give me a coach who has done it tough anyday.......

Reply #201615 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

I think Tom has finished in China and will be returning to coach Sydney in the WNBL

Reply #201668 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754