Anonymous
Years ago

Div3 Mens champs - Centrals

What a great game of basketball we saw last night.
After a season that saw North and Centrals finish on equal points and centrals taking top spot on the ladder by bigger winning margin over North, Centrals took out the premiership last night by 9 points.

was a great tight game for the first q, going into quarter time even. Centrals then got out to a 10 point lead, over the game North rallied and the lead went up and down. Centrals eventually steadied in the last qurter to take out the win.

Great season for both clubs and well done to Centrals.

Topic #17104 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I've give this post about 30 mins before someone starts sledging Centrals.....

Reply #201606 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

congrats to Geeza and the boys

Reply #201608 | Report this post

Div3Historian  
Years ago

When was the last time Norwood didn't have a team in the Div 3 men's GF?

Reply #201610 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Norwood have been in the GF for many years in a row but we were beaten by Centrals by 2.

We had our chances in that game and probably should have won but congratulations to Centrals.

Reply #201613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think its the first time in a long time that the Norwood div 3 men or women arent in it, both teams are usually a certainty. what happened to the women too?

Reply #201623 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Still a dud club.

Reply #201629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A dud ABL Mens Championship club none the less.

Reply #201630 | Report this post

Beanz  
Years ago

There's always atleast one knob around (Joe M).
I can't even fathom the motive behind such a comment. If you belong to such a superior club then why would you care? Three years ago Centrals Div 3 Mens was at the bottom of the ladder which shows how things can, and invariably do, change.
It's either envy, jealousy or arrogance. Either way you're a joke.

Beanz

Reply #201635 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Te He  yep being called a knob by someone from Central is a complement. Oh i am still laughing. My belly hurts. Champagne comedy.

Show us all you glory days. Div 3 men's champions....then nothing.

What a club.......Port Power (119 GF loss) > centrals.

Reply #201637 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Hey Joe,

Didn't quite make the cut this season, eh?

Reply #201639 | Report this post

Beanz  
Years ago

So what team do you play for Joe?

Reply #201640 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Na, live on the Gold Coast, as a kid played for Centrals that how i know it's a dud club.

Reply #201641 | Report this post

injury prone  
Years ago

If joe actually knew the guys on the team (I guess he doesnt) and how hard they have worked together over the past years then he probably wouldnt be so stupid as to post comments like that.
It's typical of people outside the club to make comments on past years long gone.

Wins like this in the lower grades will start to bring the club back to where it needs to be. Yes maybe they are not currently as strong as Sturt and the like through all years and all divisons, however the club is trying hard to rebuild.

I fantastic effort by the coach and all players involved may well be a start to get the club back pointing in the winning ways. It also should be noted that some of the junior teams have made great improvements in their results over the past few years, look at the U12 boys. Come ahead in leaps and bounds currently sitting second with I think 3 or 4 (could be wrong) losses for the whole season.

Hopefully this is the start way back for Centrals and we can start challenging more over all years and grades and make the competition more interesting for everyone (even Joe M).

Reply #201644 | Report this post

Beanz  
Years ago

Ah ok, so you're bitter.
You think Centrals is such a dud club and you don't care about them and yet you're still carrying a childhood grudge against them? Let it go...

Things go in cycles and, yes, Centrals haven't won an ABL Championship since the mid 80's. Geelong hadn't won a premiership in 80 odd years, are they a dud club?
Now before anyone gets narky, I'm not inferring Centrals = Geelong, I'm merely establishing the fact that things change and if someone can't support or stick with a club when they are at their low point then the club doesn't need/want them.

It's easy to jump ship when times are tough, but that makes you a failure. I'm proud to say I've stuck with Centrals from a tough period all the way through to success.

This thread is meant to be a positive one and I shouldn't have taken your orginal bait, so this is my last post on the topic. You have your gripes, fine, keep them to yourself and let us enjoy this. After all good competition benefits all clubs.

Cheers

Beanz

Reply #201646 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Injury prone  you are right what a wonderful environment it must be for the entire club to play in. Epitomizes success so i guess all 9 of these boys will be first round draft pick in the NBA they are that dam good.

Sorry for saying your club was a dud  however I never individualized it by suggesting anything about the boys involved.

Dud club  one good team doesn't change that.

Reply #201647 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Bennz  i am having a laugh you fool.

I don't care or am not bitter as you said about that club, i posted 'what a dud club' to get a reaction and see all of you nut jobs react, like you have.

LMAO.

Reply #201648 | Report this post

1 championship in like 20 years of existence. Lol

Did you know in my 14 years or whatever or playing basketball I never lost to centrals.

Reply #201653 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

ELG - did you know, in my 14 year or whatnot playing for Centrals i never a game.

Reply #201657 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one Brutha! I said, nice one Brutha!

we wil get ya, like we did twice this season, whoops. Just cant get it done when it counted... You bastard, he he

Reply #201672 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Congratulations Centrals. I remember a time not too long ago where we'd always pencil in a win against Centrals in division 3!

Reply #201685 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Congrats Centrals - played an intense brand of team basketball. Very well coached. Same team together for at least 4 or 5 seasons. Three seasons ago we were beating them by 60, so a huge turnaround and an impressive one at that.

Reply #201697 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

ELG - did you know, in my 14 year or whatnot playing for Centrals i never a game.

Was that meant to say that you never had a game? So you sat on the bench for 14 years....

Reply #201698 | Report this post

pen4  
Years ago

How sweat it is... Great Game. Great Support. Great Team Effort. Thank you.

Reply #201722 | Report this post

pen4  
Years ago

Ooops must learn to spell check Sweet not sweat. LOL

Reply #201724 | Report this post

Centrals might win, but their players still cant spell. Well they are from elizabeth i guess

Reply #201799 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

ELG - "cant" is an abbreviation of "can not" and requires an apostrophe between the "n" and the "t". Also, "elisabeth" should be capitalised as it is a name of a place.

Looks like Woodville needs to scrub up on the grammer classes too.

Reply #201942 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

thedoctor

First, "elisabeth" does not have an s in it - try Elizabeth, with a z.

Also, 'grammer' should actually be grammar.

Looks like West need to scrub up as well!

Reply #201948 | Report this post

Miss Bornstein  
Years ago

ELG - "cant" is an abbreviation of "can not" andwhich requires an apostrophe between the "n" and the "t". Also, "eliszabeth" should be capitalised as it is athe name of a place.

Looks like Woodville needs to scrub up on the grammear classes tooas well.

Reply #201949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Miss,

From my recollection you should have two spaces following a full stop and one following a comma. I do trust you are not a typist. You obviously do not come from south of Greenhill Road.

Reply #201962 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754