Isaac
Years ago

Pre-Season: 36ers vs Wollongong this Saturday

Just a reminder that the 36ers have another pre-season game coming up in a couple of days. They take on the Wollongong Hawks on Saturday evening at Pasadena.

Doors open from 6:45, and the game starts at 7:30.

Tickets are $10 for adults, and $5 for concession and children under 14. You can buy a ticket from the front desk at Pasadena on the night.

The main parking area is likely to fill up pretty quickly, so be aware that you can usually sneak a park in behind the buildings (second entrance) and I believe the oval will be open for parking as well.

The Hawks have reworked their roster a bit this off-season, bringing in Dusty Rychart to pair with Kavossy Franklin. Kiwi guard Lindsay Tait and veteran Mat Campbell complete their back court rotation.

Cam Tragardh will aid Rychart in the paint, while Larry Davidson (resting a knee injury) will miss the game. Guard Rhys Martin is unavailable as he will be playing in the ABA post-season, but Tim Labka and James Quinn are joining the trip as development players.

Glen Saville (recently returned from Beijing), misses tonight's opening contest between the teams in Port Lincoln, but should suit for Saturday's game.

Mark Tyndale and Aaron Bruce will feature for the 36ers, so get along for another preview of the new Adelaide roster.

-

Boti notes in his article today that the 36ers will start Adam Ballinger in the middle tonight in their Port Lincoln game against the Hawks. Luke Schenscher will come off the bench. I think this could just be the first public stage in the small-ball experiment.

Line-up is listed as:

Bruce/Kersten
Maher/Hill
Winitana/Burdon
Holmes/Cooper
Ballinger/Schenscher

Tyndale is with the team but is unlikely to play tonight.

Topic #17131 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Excellent. I'm looking forward to this game. Will it sell out quickly you think? I'd think there would only be 300-400 tickets available?

Reply #201929 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon they'll bring in stands to provide extra seating and could possibly fit 700+. Not sure, but someone else might know more?

Reply #201934 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I know they are bring the stands over from Wayville for it. Not sure on exact capacity though. I think its over 600.

Reply #201935 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

No Davidson?

Reply #201938 | Report this post

scooby  
Years ago

Davidson didnt play in Whyalla either

Reply #201943 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I heard from the 36ers office that the stand used at Wayville will be brought in. This will be set up on the court just behind the players' benches.

Reply #201979 | Report this post

DAS  
Years ago

Stands have been bought in, there will be seating for 720, with a maximum capacity of 850 including the bar.
The main oval is not available, but a large grassed area next to the tennis courts at the rear is available. There will be people directing parking.

Reply #201983 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Now sounds like Tyndale is not going to get his papers processed in time, so he is unlikely to play.

Reply #201987 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Whilst only pre- season and new team hope Sixers get winning feeling Sat. night against Hawks who you would anticipate be one of btm. 4 .
Dissapointed Tyndale probably wont play .looking fwd to seeing him and think he will need as much game time as poss.before season start

Reply #201990 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Can anyone confirm if the fact the Tyndale's papers are not ready, it would affect him playing a pre season game. Its not as though the game counts for anything in the regular season.

Reply #202073 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's been cleared to play.

Reply #202129 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:23 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754