Juror 12
Years ago

NBA Players that wouldn't make an NBL Roster

I was wondering if people think that there are some NBA players out there that wouldn't make an NBL roster. All of our NBA exports have been stars in the NBL (some pressure on Schensher as a result) - Anstey, Bradtke, Gaze, Heal, Newley etc.

But there have been some NBA players that weren't so good out here although many were not in their prime (Jo Jo English, Todd Fuller).

So, of today's NBA players which ones would be flops in the NBL. I was thinking as an import but maybe there are some really bad ones who wouldn't even make a roster?

Topic #17139 | Report this topic

shin splints  
Years ago

zero.

Reply #202005 | Report this post

breaklamp  
Years ago

Eric Snow and Olowokandi.

Reply #202013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stephen jackson......oh wait

Reply #202015 | Report this post

"Super" Mario West and his one minute per game of lack-tion

Reply #202017 | Report this post

I like Chinese  
Years ago

Sun Yue

Reply #202019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they're all be stars here, it's either they've got enough money and ain't motivated enough or past their prime so they come here (when you think about making 100~250k a year laying around not doing much). gaze and heal went there and didn't last simply cos they weren't athletic enough, those are excuses (whatever they said) they made infront of media

Reply #202020 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Ahh JoJo English - i remember burning him in effigy (his 93-94 Fleer NBA Card) in a chemistry lab back in high school!!! Promised so much - was he the worst 6ers Import ever (given the wraps that he had)???... Mike Brown (or was it Jeff - the overweight, slow caucasian C we brought in in about `97-`98???) he sucked too - but not like JoJo...

Reply #202030 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Most of them would probably make the rosters, may not be stars tho.

Reply #202033 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yeah JoJo sucked alright - unfortunately most of his sucking was done Cheech and Chong style :)

Reply #202036 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Rueben Patterson, DeShawn Stevenson, (allegedly) Vincent Askew - Might have troubles getting work VISAs...

I think being an Ex-NBA player is still a guaranteed meal ticket - so i`d say they would make it... Would they last??? Another matter...

Reply #202037 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Jo Jo averaged 15 points per game for us....

Just read he was born in Germany, never knew that one..(neither did he probably).

Reply #202039 | Report this post

oooh  
Years ago

the hunk of a man LeBron alone is worth more then all the NBL together. All NBA players WILL make the NBL

Reply #202044 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

NBA and NBL are too different leagues that play 2 different styles of play. there have been plenty of exz-NBA imports and ex-dleague stars that have had a hard time adjusting to the style of game played here. many who walked through sydney kings revolving door of imports had some NBA experience. sure, all of the guys who play NBA could play NBL... but i doubt theyd ALL be stars... probably 80%

Reply #202064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brian Scallabrini of the celtics would flop in the nbl

Reply #202067 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

Barry.....enough said

Reply #202077 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

jojo english just struggled with bad travelling habits. he was a good shooter, athletic and quick of the dribble, just kept lifting his pivot foot before dribbling. jeff brown was a dud import, would take jojo over mike chappell. dont forget paris mccurdy and david robinson from the early 90's, jojo was alot better than them duds.

Reply #202089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jerome beasley

he was pathetic

Reply #202105 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

David Robinson always gets mentioned, but he averaged 18.3ppg, 8.9rpg, 2.4apg and was a hard, hard worker inside ...

Reply #202109 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Melvin, no need for this to get R18+!

Reply #202128 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:57 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754