Mantis
Years ago

ABC Learning on the brink

Fears grow of ABC Learning collapse

Barrie Elvish, chief executive of the non-profit Creche and Kindergarten Association of Queensland ... predicted ABC financiers could appoint receivers or administrators who would then bring in temporary operators to restore some credibility to the group. He thinks the centres will later be sold off in small groups to private investors rather than unloaded as a single entity.

"It's very much a tainted product now," Mr Elvish said yesterday. "I think it would be very unlikely that someone, unless they were prepared to get it at a bargain price and then spend a lot of money on rebadging and remarketing and all the rest of it, will get it back to credibility. I can't imagine it staying as one group."

Calls for ABC founder Eddy Groves and his wife, Le Neve, to resign from an already-shaken-up board are likely to grow louder if the financial results are worse than expected.

It looks like Eddy is history and the Dome will be sold in a Fire Sale, yet again.

Topic #17140 | Report this topic

Pink  
Years ago

Going....going....

Reply #202009 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

Just announced they won't be releasing their FY08 result today either. Doesn't look special.

Reply #202011 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

The irony that the Dome was sold because SA basketball could not operate correctly, yet it was sold to someone who turned out to also not be able to operate an organisation correctly.

Reply #202021 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

well theres three buyers interested inthe dome, one would spell the end of the sixers playing there.
the other 2 are the best scenarios

i just hope the first group doesnt get it, other wise it will be choruses not music coming from the dome

Reply #202048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thomo

The church may be interested but I'm pretty sure that they have zero chance of getting the place.

The 36ers and basketball isn't going anywhere

Reply #202050 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

yep just if its a "firesale" they can make a strong play.

hopefully either peraquine corp (poor spelling) or venuetix get the nod ahead of paradise

Reply #202076 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

If Eddy survives this il be surprised. He has managed his companies irresponsibly and his house of cards will crumble.

Reply #202094 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

If it is sold then I hope paradise does not get it. It would probably collapse under the weight of the pastors oxygen bottles.

Reply #202102 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

How much would someone pay for a used child care centre with a bad reputation anyway?

Reply #202104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754