Ingles13
Years ago

AFL: Buddy kicks 102, Fevola 99

Tonights game saw the Hawthorn Hawks flog Carlton 159-81.

Buddy kicked 4 goals, 5 behinds to reach the 100 goals mark and the crowd stormed onto the oval.

Fevola also came agonisingly close kicking 7 second half goals to fall 1 short with a total of 99 goals.

Well done Buddy and Fevola.

Anyone else see the game?

Topic #17158 | Report this topic

AK-47  
Years ago

yeah i saw it thought fevola was a bit unlucky not too get some free kicks towards the end of the game but congrats to both him and buddy.

Reply #202142 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If I was playin for the Hawks I would've just handballed it to Fev. Such a bad ending.

Reply #202149 | Report this post

Well done to Buddy. He is an excitement machine and reminds me of Wayne Carey when he was at his peak.
Bad luck to Fevola, I guess, but personally think he is a tool. He is a pathetic chaser when he does not have the ball.

On a side note went to the Crows game yesterday and pleased they got over the line.
Congratulations must go to both Port & Freo for gutsy peformances and dispelling any tanking rumours.

Reply #202152 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Armus.....what are u on about....Fev is a pathetic chaser

Fevola had 38 tackles for the season from the FFwd position, and ranked 14th at Carlton for tackles

In comparison...Buddy had 45 for the Season

And he plays further up the ground

Reply #202214 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Personally, I love Fev, but he can sometimes get into a sooky mood where he never bothers to chase at all. Other times he's brilliant but 38 tackles for the year isn't great. Still All-Australian easy.

Reply #202223 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Im not saying 38 is a awesome number, and yeah sometimes he does have a sook......i would love it if he fired up every time he doesnt get the free and chase

But if you compare him to the other forwards in the league

Mooney - 22
Brown - 18
Bradshaw - 26
Roughead - 42
Pav - 32
Reiwoldt - 16
Koschitzke - 44
Richo - 11

Apart from Bradshaw.....Fev probably would be the other who rarely roams outta the 50m arc

But ur right about the dummy spits.....if he cuts that outta his game....you could probably add another 5 tackles atleast to his tally

Richo and Reiwoldt are shockers.......chase u lazy mugs!!

Reply #202265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can Richo get more tackles - he either has the ball or alternatively when it is delivered to him it misses him by a country mile. Can't tackle someone who is 20metres away.

Reply #202311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was the last time a person playing primarily at CHF kick a 100 goals. In additon I think Fev spent 2 games at full back during the year.

Reply #202312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was the last time a person playing primarily at CHF kick a 100 goals. In additon I think Fev spent 2 games at full back during the year.

Reply #202313 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

What are u talking about? Buddy didn't play primarily at CHF and Fev definitely didn't play at FB at all this year. He played on Fraser Gehrig about 2yrs ago as a punishment from Pagan... didn't work lol.

Reply #202326 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Fev did not spend any time at FB this year....and yes it was under Pagan as punishment

Buddy could be the greatest goal kicker ever to play the game.......the bloke just has to learn to kick straight

Given the amount of shots he had, a top quality FF, such as Fev, Bradshaw or Lloyd wouldve easily had 120+

Anyway.......footy is over for me and the Blue Boys

Bring on the cricket i say!!...lol

Reply #202341 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754