ITK
Years ago

Crows drop to 5th

Who would have thought Saints would have beaten the Bombers by as much. What a remarkable weekend of football. Bring on the finals.

Topic #17162 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

As a Bombers Member, at least I can say there was a silver lining to todays result.

Reply #202193 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

Don't think I've ever been so happy to see the Crows drop one spot.

Only one more game for the Crows this season, no way that the Crows will beat the Pies.

I don't care what people have to say, on paper, the Crows should account for the Pies. But, finals are a different ball game, and Neil Craig has shown that he doesn't have a plan B when things go wrong. Just look at their only final last year with Buddy, that said it all.

Pies to win in a close contest.

Reply #202196 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Yeah, a great performance from the Bombers. Was it too much to ask for them to get withing SIXTEEN goals?!

Absolutely useless.

That said, I thought that Stephen Milne's effort was magnificent.

Reply #202197 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

Im cant believe saints won by that much. Oh well, they are only going to get thumped by Geelong which will shatter their confidence.

Bloody Richmond finishing 9th again. Its so fustrating being a tiger supporter.

Reply #202202 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Can't wait to see the Crows play StK in 2 weeks.

Reply #202206 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I wonder what shonky ploy the (V)FL will come up with to tip the scales in favour of Colling-wobble?
The Crows finished above Collingwood, so get the home final. Is this Collingwood's 3rd trip out of Vic this season? Do they know what the inside of a hotel room looks like?

Reply #202212 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

They know what the inside of a drunk tank looks like!

Collingwood have a good record here but theyre comin off a roadtrip to the west.

Crows by plenty!!

Reply #202216 | Report this post

JockeyClub  
Years ago

It's all academic - no one in reach of Geelong.

Go Cats .

Reply #202219 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Possible Geelong-Crows GF? More like Geelong-Hawks
Round 1:
Geelong over St Kilda by plenty
Hawks to scrape through in a physical battle with the scratchy dogs
Adelaide and Sydney to dispose of Collingwood and Nth Melbourne.
Round 2:
St Kilda - Adelaide: Could the Crows win in Melbourne? They do like the Telstra Dome.
Footscray (FFC) (aka Dogs) - Sydeney (SMFC). Should be a low scoring game. Both play tight defence. Whoever wins, only by a goal. Scorline 72:66

Round 3:
Geelong - Sydney: Geelong to final 132:56
Hawthorn - Adelaide. Can't someone dress up as the Hawks runner and spike Buddy's drink? How would the more agile "Tippert the Wippert" go on him? Move the Truck into forward 50 as a marking option. Shut down Buddy, win the game.

Grand Final: Geelong - Hawks

Reply #202231 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Shaw will drive the Colliwobbles boys over in a mini-bus with Didak riding shotgun and Eddy next to the esky

Reply #202239 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Agree with Jockeyclub

7 teams are competing for the right to lose to Geelong by 10 goals + on that last Saturday in September

Reply #202240 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

They should give the runner up this year the 'any other year and you might've been a chance' trophy

Reply #202248 | Report this post

crow6  
Years ago

To Skip the bombers supporter,

Yes, there was some silver lining to yesterday's result of the St Kilda game. Yes, the Crows may have lost unexpectably their unexpected 4th posistion, hence double chance. However, playing Geelong in Victoria who are argubly the best side was always going to be a hard assignment and one would have expected the crows or any other team who comes across them first round in the finals to come off second best. That would mean the crows would shape up the following week in an elimination final at home the next week anyway against anither side. So from the way I see it, it makes no difference as the crows will just be up for that cut-throat elimiantion final this week without having to travel to Melbourne or getting ruffled up by the cats first. With the Cats playing as well as they are and should take out the cup again or atleast give it a good crack, maybe there was a reason this 4th spot has taken a long time to be finalised. Maybe it's no wonder the Roos lost against port on the weekend, who wants to play the Cats first up anyway in which is an almost certain loss no matter how well you play on the day. The cats have only lost one game all season to a side that couldn't even overtake the dockers last week.

I say go the crows!!!!!

Reply #202291 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Can't someone dress up as the Hawks runner and spike Buddy's drink?"

By Bocky's last performance on Buddy, I think we might be the only team that doesn't need to.

HoopsSA Finals DreamTeam code: 566062

Reply #202300 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754